1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fins and Things

Discussion in 'Moab' started by Tulsane, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Apr 16, 2019 at 11:20 AM
    Tulsane

Tulsane [OP] Member

Member:
    Anchorage
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD
    Hi, question for you all about fins and things. I've got an '04 1st gen double cab with a slight OME lift on 31in BFG AT's. I've got sliders and a budbuilt skid plate but stock front and rear bumpers. I don't have any protection on my rear quarter panels.

I don't mind dragging the hitch receiver or sliders/skids. Other than that, will this truck be able to do fins and things without damage? I don't mind scraping the hitch on some of the obstacle departures but I don't want to rip off the lower from bumper plastic or drop off a 20in ledge that will crumple up a tail pipe.

Any advice is appreciated!

2. Apr 16, 2019 at 2:12 PM
    BKinzey

BKinzey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Beauford
    Hollywierd, CA
    Vehicle:
    2015 White Tacoma Access Cab TRD Off Road 4x4 V6
    RCI aluminum front skid, SnugTop, Sliders, bedside supports, LED interior, CaliRaised fogs & brackets, rear diff breather mod, DIY bed platform
    I did about half of it and probably the worst part in a stock ACLB. You'll definitely drag your hitch and on my 2015 the trailer connector bracket was toast. Since I wasn't sure what was ahead at the time I hopped off the trail at the first opportunity.

I'd look into getting a Hitch Skid and with that you should be fine for the whole trail.

3. Apr 16, 2019 at 2:19 PM
    Tulsane

Tulsane [OP] Member

Member:
    Anchorage
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD
    Well, fortunately I don't have a trailer brake bracket. I've got some dangling wires but I can tie those up easily enough.

Thanks for the info! A hitch skid sounds like the ticket. Did you touch your bumper at all?

4. Apr 16, 2019 at 2:47 PM
    BKinzey

BKinzey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Beauford
    Hollywierd, CA
    Vehicle:
    2015 White Tacoma Access Cab TRD Off Road 4x4 V6
    RCI aluminum front skid, SnugTop, Sliders, bedside supports, LED interior, CaliRaised fogs & brackets, rear diff breather mod, DIY bed platform
    I tapped the bumper a couple of times, no damage other than scraping the bottom edge of the bumper.

Products Discussed in

To Top