1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Firestone Destination A/T

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by wareagle5693, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Oct 4, 2009 at 7:33 PM
    wareagle5693

wareagle5693 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5
    3" Spacer Lift, with Bilstein 5100s front and rear, BHLM, Satoshi grill, Blacked out tail lights, Midland CB radio, 4' Radio Shack antenna mounted in the bed, Volant CAI, Gibson Exhaust, Magellan GPS, debadged, aries bull bar, pro comp 7089 wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6200BT head unit, eagle eyes halo projector, 8000K DDM tuning HID bulb
    What do you guys think? I've got a friend that can get me a really good deal on them, and I'm thinking about getting them, but if they aren't a good tire I'll hold off and save up more for the Terra Grapplers, also if I kept my stock steel wheels, would there be anything needed to get the 285/75/16s to fit?

2. Oct 4, 2009 at 7:36 PM
    BigBawlzTaco

BigBawlzTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2019 Toyota Tacoma SR
    285 might need some trimming on a 2.5 - 3 inch lift.

and the destinations, ive heard half and half, some people say they're good but others say they dont do that well with traction off road.

I would save for the terras.

3. Oct 4, 2009 at 7:40 PM
    wareagle5693

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5
    3" Spacer Lift, with Bilstein 5100s front and rear, BHLM, Satoshi grill, Blacked out tail lights, Midland CB radio, 4' Radio Shack antenna mounted in the bed, Volant CAI, Gibson Exhaust, Magellan GPS, debadged, aries bull bar, pro comp 7089 wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6200BT head unit, eagle eyes halo projector, 8000K DDM tuning HID bulb
    Alright so a little trimming for 285s, I'm not sure what I'm gonna do, because he can get all Firestone, and what is it Bridgestone? Tires at prices just above wholesale. So I'm still looking at options, maybe the M/T or Bridgestone Dueler M/T.

4. Oct 4, 2009 at 7:41 PM
    borderbrat

borderbrat Watching Chris4x4 o.O

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB, STOCK..But not for long
    (old truck 2008 AC ....PIAA fogs, led "puddle" lights, bed lights, in cab 115V, Toyota Devil emblem, Randy Ellis light bar with LED light bar, OME 885 and Dakar leaf springs OME shock all round, 2.5 Gal OBA system with air horns, iPod adapter, scangauge on blend mount, magnaflow catback, bike fork mounts, tinted 2009 tails.)
    I have the same tires i was impressed with the ratings they got on http://www.tirerack.com and they were the lightest A/T tire i could find with a C load rating. I've had them for just over a year now and i love them they're quiet on the highway and i couldn't believe some of the things they've taken me through.

As for the size to run that big of a tire you're going to need to look at a lift and possible trimming your forward cab mounts and inside your fenders if you plan to do any sort of offroading this is because of how wide they are. I ran 265/75/16 tires on stock suspension, now i have a lift but i've never had them rub.

5. Oct 4, 2009 at 7:42 PM
    BigBawlzTaco

BigBawlzTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2019 Toyota Tacoma SR
    Do you offroad alot?
    If not, then I would say stick with the A/T's.
    But those Dueler M/T's do look pretty nice.

6. Oct 4, 2009 at 7:46 PM
    beastlytaco

beastlytaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab SR5
    i got all season destination LE tires and i absolutley hate my tires. i know they aint the same tire but thats my input

7. Oct 4, 2009 at 7:55 PM
    wareagle5693

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5
    I haven't, partly because I can't really get off-road with the Dunlops. I'm looking to tho, and I'm thinking about the M/Ts I'd just have to see what the price is.

Products Discussed in

To Top