1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

First Post, need help with TSB gone bad

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by gator16, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Dec 16, 2007 at 5:25 AM
    gator16

gator16 [OP] Member

Member:
    Mount Dora, FL
    Vehicle:
    Silver 06 Prerunner SR5 4 door
    I have been viewing this site for some time now but I have never needed assistance with anything, but now I do. I just had the tsb done yesterday after waiting close to 2 months for the parts to come in. I go to pick it up and I look under it and what do I see... a 3 leaf spring on both sides with new stickers on them and black shocks (from what I understand they are suppose to blue and yellow bilistiens) I questioned to service advisor on it and he said that everything is correct on it. The part numbers on the springs that they just installed were: (LR) 48220-4190 and (RR )48210-4550. On the second page of the tsb they have a previous part number and a current part number. To me it looks as if the ordered the previous part number and not the current part number. Not sure what to do, I may have to take to a different dealership, but they may not take it since it wasn't there mistake.

2. Dec 16, 2007 at 6:52 AM
    rick

rick `

Member:
    take it back. unfuckinreal. i cannot believe the douchebag techs and service writers. if you dont have a copy of the tsb, have them pull it up. it states exactly what you get. 4 leaf pak and blue and yellow billys. they ordered the previous parts WTF!!!?

3. Dec 16, 2007 at 6:59 AM
    gator16

gator16 [OP] Member

Member:
    Mount Dora, FL
    Vehicle:
    I have printed off two tsb's for that dealership, all they do is look at numbers I guess the tsb should have colored pictures of a before and after, I try to tell them that it needs a 4 pack on it and all he says is I ordered what was on the tsb, but obviously something is wrong and now I have to find a way to show them that it is not correct.

4. Dec 16, 2007 at 7:28 AM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    Try this, go to another Toyota dealership and see what they do, could be an honest mistake, or could be they're pulling the wool over your eyes. Good luck and tell us how it goes down, so others may learn. Drive on. :typing:

5. Dec 16, 2007 at 7:48 AM
    gator16

gator16 [OP] Member

Member:
    Mount Dora, FL
    Vehicle:
    I have spoken to another person at a dealership in Orlando yesterday evening and he seems like he really wants to help me out, I have to give him another call on monday. I am just wondering what the actual part number is for the new springs and shocks are. When I got home yesterday I call the parts department at the dealership that messed it up and told him that they are the wrong parts on the truck and tried to get the correct part number, he told me toyota would not send out the original springs(he said they have been pulled off the shelves) that came on the truck and they would send to new ones, but somebody messed up.

6. Dec 16, 2007 at 7:52 AM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    That's cool, Former Prime Minister Margret Thatcher once said: I am a patient person as long as I get what I want. :)

7. Dec 16, 2007 at 10:40 AM
    rick

rick `

Member:
    ok i just pulled the sticker from my drivers side 4 leaf pak. (i coulnt reach the pass)
    part# 48220-04210. parts information has previous part# and current part#. your numbers match the previous #s

8. Dec 16, 2007 at 11:05 AM
    gator16

gator16 [OP] Member

Member:
    Mount Dora, FL
    Vehicle:
    Thanks Rick, that's what I thought happened, the service advisor probably never turned to page two on the tsb. Now he thinks he did everything correct so now I have to convince him the incorrect parts are on it and they will have to do it again.

Products Discussed in

To Top