1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

First thoughts 2017 4Runner Off Road vs 2015 Tacoma DCSB Off Road

Discussion in '4Runners' started by ISLANDJIM, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Apr 7, 2018 at 9:40 PM
    ButtaYoBreadd

ButtaYoBreadd Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD OR DCSB
    Man, reading this thread is making me want to trade in my 2014 OR. Had it less than a year and the rough ass ride and shoddy interior build are really starting to get to me... ugh

2. Jun 28, 2018 at 3:41 PM
    ashishgumaste

ashishgumaste New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Inferno DCLB TRD off-road
    I drive 17 Trd off Road DCLB and I am somehow not able to adjust driving seat for my comfort and alway have hesitation to take that on long drive. And that lumbar support adjustments didn't work for me. I find rest other things okay and I am thinking about getting rid of it to get 4Runner...

3. Jul 7, 2018 at 6:42 AM
    4RunninInATacoWorld

4RunninInATacoWorld Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    ‘21 Tundra, '09 LX570
    The ol 4R is pretty great. I hear you with your criticism of the Taco's seating. I have been thinking of getting a truck because I could really, really use a truck bed. Whether I end up getting a truck in the future or not, the 4R is staying. It's my favorite vehicle I've ever owned.

If you get a 4R, you might also really dig the interior space, visibility, more confident feeling drivetrain, shorter wheelbase for on- and off-road driving and parking, rear window (put all five down to feel like you're in a soft top Jeep without the hassle and flapping noise), and seating potential for 7.

But you might really miss the truck bed. I got this Husky cargo liner for carrying dirty stuff since I don't currently have a truck bed.

4. Oct 26, 2018 at 10:59 AM
    replica9000

replica9000 Das ist no bueno

Member:
    Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg
    Vehicle:
    2019 T4R ORP
    Nearly complete on a trade from a 2008 6spd Taco to a 19 T4R OR Premium. (Doesn't have KDSS). After 11 years, I'm going to really miss the Tacoma (Especially the 6spd). I bought the truck before I had kids. Definitely need the back seat room. I've almost backed out a couple times, but this thread makes me feel like I'm doing the right thing.

Riding Dirty likes this.
  5. Oct 26, 2018 at 3:00 PM
    Riding Dirty

Riding Dirty Sinner; saved by grace

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Before: '16 TRD OR 4x4 AC QS//After: 17 T4R Pro 040
    PlastiDip
    I’m sure you’ll adjust just fine! Takes a little getting used to, but I love mine! Maybe find a little beater truck with a stick to keep the fun factor nearby!

Lord Helmet and rsimi72 like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top