1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

First Time Buyer - Almost

Discussion in 'New Members' started by WesfirstTacoma, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Feb 3, 2007 at 8:54 PM
    WesfirstTacoma

WesfirstTacoma [OP] New Member

Member:
    Heard a lot of good about Tacoma but down So. Cal there's none with traction control. I was searching for info/experience when I contacted J.P. out of Doxon Toyota, in Auburn WA (where black-ice isn't a rap group name) suggested I logon for more info.

If you're near Auburn, he's very helpful.

Great site so far.

2. Feb 4, 2007 at 7:41 AM
    Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hopkinton,MA
    Vehicle:
    Nice 6spd,V6, very solid truck
    None currently, but I would like a better sounding exhaust and perhaps a cold air pack and some color coded step bars
    Welcome , Wes to the forum. I am a first time Toyota trk buyer and I have a 06, acc cab, V6,6spd 4x4 and live in New England and I have found the truck to be a little light in the rear end, in the snow. This is expected of course as most trucks are this way. I have about 4K miles on it currently. Next winter I may work on putting a little more weight over the rear tires and standard tires are not the greatest, as they are done on a price per truck basis.

I hear you on the black ice thing as we do get that once in a while here. Keep us informed.
    Jeff
    06, 6psd,4x4, V6

3. Feb 6, 2007 at 7:20 PM
    Jim Mann

Jim Mann Well-Known Member

Member:
    Welcome to the forum. I did not realize that anything short of studs or chains would help on ice. We don't really have snow in Alabama but once every 10 years or so ( central Ala ), but we do get the ice occasionally. We park em and wait it out. Jim

4. Feb 6, 2007 at 7:22 PM
    Ldytaco05

Ldytaco05 it's all about me

Member:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Vehicle:
    2005 PreRunner,Enkei Wheels
    Welcome to TW check out our forums if you have any questions. for your entertainment check out the videos

5. Feb 6, 2007 at 8:20 PM
    topdec

topdec Well-Known Member

Member:
    Welcome. I don't get why traction control cannot be an "add-on".

6. Feb 7, 2007 at 8:54 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    Welcome to TW! I couldn't find Traction Control or Limited Slip Rear either on 2007 2.7Ls. I was told that Toyota was looking to change the way the TC worked and how it was disengaged. We shall see...

7. Feb 7, 2007 at 10:57 AM
    Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hopkinton,MA
    Vehicle:
    Nice 6spd,V6, very solid truck
    None currently, but I would like a better sounding exhaust and perhaps a cold air pack and some color coded step bars
    Jim Mann is correct, glare ice, as in rain first, then a sudden shift in weather conditions, brings on glare ice or in some regions its called "black ice" because you can't see it and the road often looks wet. This is wonderful for skaters and hockey players, I can attest to that, however, its very dangerous to drive in and appears out of no where. If you are on the road, it makes one's heart rate go thru the roof. About the only thing to do is pull over if possible and watch your rear view mirror.
    Ice thats under recent snow fall is a bit different and we get that alot in the New England region, having all wheel drive helps and studed tires and or chains helps but often is not practical. It is a solution. A better solution is to give the local highway dept's a chance at putting down sand( if thats an option) or to don't venture out if possible.

Products Discussed in

To Top