1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fishing Anyone?

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by A_Ninja_Racer, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Mar 29, 2009 at 6:08 PM
    A_Ninja_Racer

A_Ninja_Racer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD Debadged
    So I moved back to Florida in June of 2008 from PA. I was staying with my parents for a while so I could build up a bet of a nest egg and finally moved out with a buddy of mine at the end of February. Since then we have gone fishing every weekend! Its been pretty fun even though we haven't caught much of anything. Now I don't have a boat which I find pretty depressing but I've been making do. Throwing the rods, tackle box, cooler, and chairs in the back of the truck and taking off in the morning But I kept seeing these guys rolling out with there boats and I kept thinking man there going to have a good time today and everybody that sees them is going to know it with that boat on the back of there truck. So decided that I needed to make the fact that I was going fishing too more visible. Then the unthinkable happened, last Sunday we were going to check out a new spot and as I was getting the rods out of the back of the truck I noticed that the hooks on one of my lures was caught on the Nylon strap of my chair bag. I reach done with both hands to separate the two and when the hook finally let loose it pulled the other hook at the other end of the lure into my finger. DEEP. Now a doctors walk in clinic and a weeks worth of thought later I have the solution to both the visibility problem and the fishing hooks sliding all wily nilly in the bed of the truck getting caught on stuff. Behold my latest work of art. this is still a work in progress I plan on mounting Tubes straight out of the tops as well but that needed a little more work and it was getting late.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mar 29, 2009 at 6:12 PM
    HerNameIsLucy

HerNameIsLucy I miss Lucy. :-(

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Equador. Don't know why.
    Vehicle:
    RIP Lucy.
    She's gone but not forgotten.
    Dang you only been down here for 10 months and you're already becoming a proud redneck! Awesome job there!

Don't get a boat now, they go on sale in the fall (used ones get really cheap then too). Besides if you go out in the gulf this time of year you're just gonna get hit by lightning!

Products Discussed in

To Top