1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fixed My "broken" key fob today

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by xmixpixx, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Dec 11, 2011 at 4:41 PM
    xmixpixx

xmixpixx [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5 TRD Off Road 6 spd
    For a while my key fob has been acting up. The unluck botton hasn't worked in the longest time, and the lock button would work occasionally. I only have one for the truck and I didn't feel like paying the money to replace it. Tried a new battery, and still the same nothing. Today I took it apart and noticed the slightest cracks in the connections for the buttons. A little solder on them and WALA! Just figured I'd post this up incase anyone else was having issues.

When I soldered them I held the circuit board vertical and held the soldering pen on it for a minute, since the connections to the circuit board are right on the edge of the button, and the solder wasn't hitting them too well. Hope this helps someone else.

2. Dec 12, 2011 at 4:31 AM
    Chris135

Chris135 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Regina,Sk
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma DCLB SR5 TRD Sport
    Debadged Bilstein 5100 shocks in front OME 885 coils Icon 1.5"aal 16" fj cruiser Trd rims 285/75/16 duratrac tires 1.25" spidertrax wheelspacers (4) Tinted front windows Grillecraft upper grille Custom Trd boxside decals Allpro front bumper Piaa 510 fog lights Box mounted ammo can Rear diff breather BHLM Tinted front windows Rolltop tonneau cover Hand controls (for wheelchair users)
    Very nice

Products Discussed in

To Top