1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Flare swap work

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by sloppyjoe, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Oct 24, 2011 at 7:15 AM
    sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe [OP] They are more like guide lines.

Member:
    All Over
    Vehicle:
    Silver and simple
    Non
    Well, let me start by telling you all what happened to my truck that made me want to switch. I lifted the truck about a year ago, but recently went to the heavy load OME kits as I added a winch bumper (ARB). Shortly after that a good friend of mine (from TW ) gave me a set of Spidertrax spacers. When I installed the spacers I ended up with a touch of rubbing (only in the right type of situation, not all the time) on the front mudflaps. When I decided I was tired of hearing the rubbing (and the wife said fix it as she did not like that, I took a box knife and tried to cut the small section it was hitting off, and when I got to the second flap, it was already cracked and as I was cutting the small section it came all the way off. That was a bummer, as they have been on the truck since new, and have worn a place in the pait, which looked pretty bad.

Now, I came to the forum in hopes I would find a set of black factory flares, and stumbled on to a thread with some Bushwakers, I really have always liked them but never wanted to drop $400-$500 on them. they were brand new and the price was reasonable to me. While we were arranging the deal I had done a touch of research about the part numbers, and found out that the SB has a different PN than the LB. This was a bit of a worry, but I am very handy and I looked at them side by side and I decided I could make them work. So now this is the great past. I got them installed that night and they look awesome! I had to do some things different but you cannot tell if they are for my truck or not. They look great! Really the only thing you have to do is drill new holes in the back flares, as the holes will not line up with the ones they have from the factory. After you drill those new holes you can have a friend hold it nice and tight to the body, making sure you cover all of the factory holes (the ones that are in the bed from the factory hold the original flares on) once you have it all lined up well, you attach them with screws, and there you have it! I will try to get a picture up soon. JOE>

2. Oct 24, 2011 at 7:50 AM
    TanSR5x4

TanSR5x4 Hold my beer and watch this

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Houston TX
    Vehicle:
    00 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    Deckplate mod, black KC slimlight fogs, hurculined bed, NRA sticker mod, painted rear chrome bumper black, black fender flares and front grill surround, HIDs, All-pro rear leafs and UCAs, Eibach coilovers, billys all around, flat black pro comps, 31x10.5x15 BFG KM2s
    curious to see pics

Products Discussed in

To Top