1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

flexalite fans or elctric fans instead of clutch fans

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas' started by 95.5taco, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Jul 27, 2008 at 12:11 AM
    95.5taco

95.5taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Canada
    Vehicle:
    1995.5 sr5 extcab
    air raid cold air intake, throttle body spacer, rear 2.5" add-a-leafs, downey headers, dynomax ultroflo muffler,new carbon fiber tail lights, warn transformer grille guard, Alpine mp3 player,Kicker competition speakers. Rancho 5000 shocks
    Hello I am in the process of looking at a flex-a-lite rad fan and getting rid of the clutch fan...all the literature and 99% of al the sellers say that you will greatly improve hp and mpg. i am just wondering if any one has installed one on their 1st gen taco, i am sure it would make a big differnce on a bigger truck aka the big three but not sure whether 400+ dollars is worth it. i have already put on a throttle body spacer, cold air intake, headers and a dynomax muffler to improve mpg and hp, and it has when i am not putting pedal to medal, so I am wondering if it will help or do nothing

2. Jul 29, 2008 at 3:58 PM
    ubermx5

ubermx5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Santa Clara CA
    Vehicle:
    98 2.4 5 speed
    K&N Air filter
    It would be nice to know.

if there is a simple Plug and play type kit or know parts to buy.

My Fan clutch is going out. I rather spend good money on parts that can improve my truck.

Ok found this
    http://www.toyotacatalog.net/M1WebG...UniqueID=C6469FA9-9746-4264-A1A1-D66950A56CC0

Is there anything that cost less?
    Or is there a GM or Ford car that might have something that could work.
    Or some other car that is on the road today.

I am saying up to pay for a wedding. so i am broke till that happens in 2009.

3. Jul 29, 2008 at 7:06 PM
    95.5taco

95.5taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Canada
    Vehicle:
    1995.5 sr5 extcab
    air raid cold air intake, throttle body spacer, rear 2.5" add-a-leafs, downey headers, dynomax ultroflo muffler,new carbon fiber tail lights, warn transformer grille guard, Alpine mp3 player,Kicker competition speakers. Rancho 5000 shocks
    Yeah i hear it is fairly simple to install, see at least you would get free shipping because you live in the US, I am from Canada and have to pay, shipping, duty and expidter service fees, I can get it for around 380.00, i have already spent close to 2000 on new headers, install and muffler so i am way beyond the line of looking back...hahaha I might get it next month, I'll let you know....good luck with wedding plans...

To Top