1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Floor Grommet Repair?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by FAQdaWorld, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Jul 3, 2012 at 3:14 PM
    FAQdaWorld

FAQdaWorld [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Milton
    Vehicle:
    05 sr5
    Hey Folks,

Apparently I broke one of the floor grommets that the floor mat retainer clips into on the driver side. Anyone have any experience with fixing these? I'm putting in weathertechs and these things definitely seem like they will stay a bit more in place with the 2 hooks rather than 1.

Thanks in advance

2. Jul 3, 2012 at 6:54 PM
    Atomic47

Atomic47 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Denis
    Manitoba, Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 V6 4x4 TRD Sport
    Leveling kit, AAL, air-ride, Rear diff breather mod, Illuminated 4wd Switch, 4 more D rings, fog lights anytime, 7 pin relocate, Coca-Cola mod, TRD Off-Road hook, Weathertechs, secret custom cargo light, 09 lower dash panel, heated seats, 2013 oem touch screen radio, reverse camera added into Pop'n'Lock locking tailgate handle, black powder-coated TRD Sport rims, 32" light bar in custom fabricated mount, aux reverse lights in rear bumper
    Hi, a car wash that I go to ripped one of the grommets out, breaking it, when they pulled the floor mats out to clean. I couldn't get one from Toyota but I picked up two from a local wrecker. I was able to reinsert it into the carpet using a small pick to work the carpet in between the two 'washers' of the grommet. It took about ten minutes of fussing with it to do. Good luck on the fix!

Products Discussed in

To Top