1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Floor Jack and Jack Stand - suggestions?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BGrutter, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Jul 10, 2011 at 9:24 PM
    BGrutter

BGrutter [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Baron
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 DCSB TRD OR
    Rear-View Camera Mod, Anti-theft Tailgate, No Mud-Flaps, Diff Breather Mod, Color-matched Mirror/Handle covers, Front Valance mod, Phone/GPS/Camera mount, and Illuminated 4x4 Switch ToyTec Ultimate Lift Light Racing UCAs
    There is no "Tools" sub-forum, so I guess this is as good as anywhere.

I just completed my lift install this weekend at a friend of a friend's house. We were working until 1:30am in the garage of a guy that I had met just 7 hours earlier. I feel like a real jerk.

They guy has an amazing setup and that's why we worked there, rather than on my slanted driveway. Anyway, the only thing I could really see his shop missing was a new floor jack that didn't have a history of needed to be refilled routinely. He has a lift, but had his truck on it. We used another area of the show and had to use Jack Stands and a Floor Jack that probably used to be really nice. It had a long range and seemed quite stout.

Anyway, as my way of saying thanks, I'm considering buying him some sort of tools for his garage. A floor jack and possibly jack stands (he has 3 sets, but one set was in use, one set is bent, and the last was decent but pretty ancient).

Anyone have any good suggestions for a decent value?

I don't want to get a $50 package deal from Walmart, but I also don't think $1000 for something made for Nascar is really necessary either. I suppose just something that he would find respectable in his garage and would be useful. Don't know if this matters as he still gets around pretty well, but he is 60 years old and don't want something that's going to be a PITA to move around. Also, if I could locate it on Amazon (don't know how likely), that'd be great since I could have it shipped via Prime in 2 days for free.

Suggestions?

2. Jul 10, 2011 at 9:34 PM
    afd23a

afd23a Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dynamo of Dixie
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Factory Fog Lights, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Metra Ipod Adapter, Int Wiper Stalk, Wet Okole's, URD Short Shifter, Scanguage II w/Blendmount, Fat Bob's 2.75" spacer lift, ARE topper, SP Performance Pads & Slotted Rotors, 4.10 gears
  3. Jul 10, 2011 at 9:37 PM
    scocar

scocar hypotenoper

Member:
    I've got the same Arcan jack only red, got it from Costco for $90 a couple years ago, and they have it again no, at least in Sacramento.

Great jack, lifts my 1st gen quickly, good control of release valve. Very smooth.

Oh yeah, get a pair of 6 ton stands (mainly for height) and a pair of 3 ton stands (axles). Something like Big Red would be fine.

Products Discussed in

To Top