1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Florida B.S. Thread

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Jason'sLawnCare, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Sep 7, 2013 at 9:27 PM
    nammer

nammer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nam
    Bradenton, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Wishing I had a Taco
    i like the engine/coolant temp one, the distance traveled and time traveled (resets everytime you turn on the key), intake temp

2. Sep 7, 2013 at 10:03 PM
    colinb17

colinb17 If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    if you're going to have the sway bar on, i'd just hammer where it rubs, and then go back and do some more as needed. but if you think you'll ever take the sway bar off, or up the tire size, might as well go nuts now.....

I don't have the ultragauge, but on my phone i have it set up for 7 different screens. on the main screen, i have:
    -intake temp
    -coolant temp
    -gps speed
    -throttle position
    -calculated AFR (as opposed to measured, which is more accurate, but our trucks don't do with factory equipment)
    -Fuel flow in GPH

3. Sep 7, 2013 at 10:45 PM
    Taco No Baka

Taco No Baka Interco Tire Snob

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    1998 SR5 Xtra Cab 4WD V6 Spartan Package
    OME 3" lift with Dakar rear leaves and 883 front coils. 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL/SXs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, 4.88s and an Eaton True Trac LSD up front, 4.88s and a Detroit Locker in the rear, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 3' Firestik Firefly, Garmin GPS, HiLift Jack, Flush-mount LED pod lights in rear bumper, 28" light bar in the front bumper, rear shock relocation (Ruff Stuff brackets), u-bolt flip with Ruff Stuff Anti-wrap perches, CBI rear frame reinforcements, 10" travel Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, heavy duty front crossmember made by Allenfab, Rear shock mounts/crossmember (for upper mounts), spring perches, frame plates, and front crossmember welded in by Allenfab, CBI Ditch Light Brackets, Ditch Light Pods. AllenFab Custom Hybrid front bumper and recovery points. Drivetrain lifted 2" in conjunction with a 2" BL. Modified Trail Gear transmission crossmember/skid. Warn Xeon 10K winch. Large left side body mod.
    Can't go any bigger on tire size without major structural changes. I'm already running 33x13.50s. That and I'm Lincoln locked with Swampers. I'll probably be breaking enough crap on that little IFS axle without going bigger. If I do go any bigger, it'll be after an SAS. The sway bar on the other hand...I dunno if I could get away with not running it. At least, not without butchering my fenders. They may or may not eat the top lip of the fender when stuffed, but it'd be close I think. I may try it at some point just to see what happens.

Thanks for the advice. :thumbsup:

Ya know, thinking about it, a 1" body lift would probably solve all my remaining clearance issues. Meh, too much work though.

4. Sep 7, 2013 at 10:51 PM
    colinb17

colinb17 If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    yeah, a body lift would help with the fenders and well, but they don't do anything if your hitting frame at all of course. and yeah, lots of work compared to swinging the hammer for an hour.

i don't know how the 1st gens work, but if the sway bars are as easy to remove as on the 2nd gens, might as well pop it off real quick and test it out

5. Sep 7, 2013 at 11:27 PM
    Taco No Baka

Taco No Baka Interco Tire Snob

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    1998 SR5 Xtra Cab 4WD V6 Spartan Package
    OME 3" lift with Dakar rear leaves and 883 front coils. 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL/SXs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, 4.88s and an Eaton True Trac LSD up front, 4.88s and a Detroit Locker in the rear, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 3' Firestik Firefly, Garmin GPS, HiLift Jack, Flush-mount LED pod lights in rear bumper, 28" light bar in the front bumper, rear shock relocation (Ruff Stuff brackets), u-bolt flip with Ruff Stuff Anti-wrap perches, CBI rear frame reinforcements, 10" travel Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, heavy duty front crossmember made by Allenfab, Rear shock mounts/crossmember (for upper mounts), spring perches, frame plates, and front crossmember welded in by Allenfab, CBI Ditch Light Brackets, Ditch Light Pods. AllenFab Custom Hybrid front bumper and recovery points. Drivetrain lifted 2" in conjunction with a 2" BL. Modified Trail Gear transmission crossmember/skid. Warn Xeon 10K winch. Large left side body mod.
    I'm thinking that I'm not having much rubbing on the frame. I'm effectively running 3.50" back spacing on the wheels which is helping keep the tires off the frame. As it stands, I have three clearance issues: the front tires hitting the pinch weld at full locks, the pinch weld knocking against the slider legs when hitting bumps (or before the bias ply tires heat up and get round again), and the rear tires hitting the forward edge of the rear fender when approaching stuffed. A 1" body lift would definitely solve all those issues, or at least mitigate the rear tire rub a bit (I forgot to look and see if it was fully stuffed and sitting on the bump stop when I tested it).

The question would be if it was more work to install the body lift than it would be to flatten the pinch weld in the front wheel well and over each slider leg. I'm thinking it would be at this point, but I might change my mind once I start hammering, lol.

Oh, and yeah, the sway bar is pretty easy to detach.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  6. Sep 8, 2013 at 7:27 AM
    Finks99Taco

Finks99Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    'Fink'
    Coconut Creek, Florida
    Vehicle:
    1993 pickup
    Dunno if the angle helps any...but I had to beat the crap out of that weld flat and then run an 1" wheel spacer but those are 285/75. I now have a 2" body lift in that picture and the tire perfectly rests inside (because the spindle is no longer attached to the LCA) I don't know the back spacing though, got the rims and tires from Tim.

As far as sway bar, I took that bad boy off and have no plans to put it back on. Even with a tight uturn, I never see an issue.

image.jpgA

7. Sep 8, 2013 at 8:08 AM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    :kona::bananadance::dancingbacon::taco: I started in Jan. to get back down to 170 Lbs.. Last night on the scale there it was 170 lbs..:):D:cool:. It took 8 mo. to get off 20lbs. Cut the pig outs to sat night only. and no pie, cake, or ice cream worked over the long run..Going to try to get down to 160 - 165 by end of the year..:)

8. Sep 8, 2013 at 8:15 AM
    Finks99Taco

Finks99Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    'Fink'
    Coconut Creek, Florida
    Vehicle:
    1993 pickup
    Woot good job

9. Sep 8, 2013 at 12:55 PM
    The End

The End Support our troops!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Lakeland, Fl
    Vehicle:
    09 A/C 4wd M6
    HP60/14 bolt, Atlas 5.0.
    Bs was 4.5 fink

10. Sep 8, 2013 at 1:04 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    Good job. I'm about to begin getting myself back into shape. I'm 260lbs right now, want to get back to about 225. I haven't been under 200lbs since I was 16.

11. Sep 8, 2013 at 1:08 PM
    Toyota Tech31

Toyota Tech31 Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Debary, Florida
    Vehicle:
    '08 SWB Bad ass SPORT
    Air Raid air intake, 40 Series Flowmaster Muffler, Front Turn Signals Now Turn And Park, KENWOOD HEAD UNIT W/ ALL KENWOOD SPEAKER UPGRADES AND 2-10" KENWOOD SUBS BEHIND BACK SEAT, Bilstein 5125'S In Rear W/ 1.5 AAL'S, Bilstein 5100 W/ Eibachs Up Front, LR Upper control arms, NFAB steps, Bruteforce Fab Hybrid front bumper, LP10000 SuperWinch, 2 Rigid Industries SRM-2's, OKLedlightbars 6 CREE LED lights as fogs, AVID RBG, 2 4" red ring HIDs mounted behind the grille.
    Great job Jim.

I dropped just over 20 pounds this year. Got to 223 lb, I hadn't been 220 anything in probably 10 years or more. My back went out and I have already started putting it back on. The hardest thing for me is hitting that plateau and then not pushing past. I need to get back to it, my goal is to get to 200 or less.

12. Sep 8, 2013 at 1:09 PM
    Toyota Tech31

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Debary, Florida
    Vehicle:
    '08 SWB Bad ass SPORT
    Air Raid air intake, 40 Series Flowmaster Muffler, Front Turn Signals Now Turn And Park, KENWOOD HEAD UNIT W/ ALL KENWOOD SPEAKER UPGRADES AND 2-10" KENWOOD SUBS BEHIND BACK SEAT, Bilstein 5125'S In Rear W/ 1.5 AAL'S, Bilstein 5100 W/ Eibachs Up Front, LR Upper control arms, NFAB steps, Bruteforce Fab Hybrid front bumper, LP10000 SuperWinch, 2 Rigid Industries SRM-2's, OKLedlightbars 6 CREE LED lights as fogs, AVID RBG, 2 4" red ring HIDs mounted behind the grille.
    I'm the same way. I haven't been less than 200 since I was a freshman in high school playing football.

13. Sep 8, 2013 at 1:41 PM
    Fink

Fink Motorboatin' SOB

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Orlando, FL
    Vehicle:
    2013 Regular Cab 4x4
    WeatherTechs, 265/75-16 DuraTracs, ATX Mojave Teflon Wheels, ARE V-Series Shell
    I hear you guys on the 200lb thing. I'm at about 216lbs right now. When I moved to Florida in 2010 I was about 255lbs or so. Managed to keep it off with a little fluctuation, up to about 225lbs and then back down again.

Good for you guys getting healthy...I've been hitting the low carb thing hard again but with a vacation coming up this week...we'll see how that goes.

Fink

14. Sep 8, 2013 at 2:23 PM
    Fink

Fink Motorboatin' SOB

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Orlando, FL
    Vehicle:
    2013 Regular Cab 4x4
    WeatherTechs, 265/75-16 DuraTracs, ATX Mojave Teflon Wheels, ARE V-Series Shell
    Several of you guys have this radio and like it, right? About to pull the trigger on at least a truck radio, if not one for the truck and a handheld, both of which this radio seems to accomplish.

Thanks!

Fink

15. Sep 8, 2013 at 3:06 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    That's a popular alternative to the Cobra 75WXST. I personally haven't used that radio, but I've heard its a very good one.

It one ups the Cobra by being able to become handheld, where as the Cobra has to be hard wired into the truck.

16. Sep 8, 2013 at 5:41 PM
    iamsuperbleeder

iamsuperbleeder Licensed Lunatic

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Lake City, Florida
    Vehicle:
    06 DC Prerunner Taco - SOLD -
    TRD E-locker rear axle swap, Cherrybomb Extreme muffler, custom made CAI, 2.5" spacer lift up front and AAL's in the rear, Sport model seat swap, Pioneer X940BT, Kicker shallow 10" and 12" behind the back seat
    when I'm not romping through mud holes at work, I'm driving through the warehouse :p

0907131343_e588ce57956ca40327055599a4191201d2b0f7b2.jpg

background story, were putting CBs in all the yard trucks, already got one in mine and another truck. we're setting up a base station in our warehouse distribution office and after putting the antenna on the roof and running the cable down into the warehouse, I drove my yard truck pictured there into the warehouse and plugged the antenna into the CB in it and the other guy took the other truck with the CB in it out and I into the yard to check reception. only reason is because the base station radio hasn't came in yet :rolleyes: but it worked out great, prooved my theory that once we got the antenna up on the roof and out of the metal warehouse the reception would be fine :cool:

17. Sep 8, 2013 at 6:18 PM
    michaelrussell

michaelrussell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    belleview,FL
    Vehicle:
    09 prerunner sr5 2.7 / 5 speed
    lots of stuff done more to do
    Plasti dip'd my emblems today
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  18. Sep 9, 2013 at 5:25 AM
    JpAdct

JpAdct Well-Known Member

Member:
    PB County, FL
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma ExtCab
    Thanks for the help Nammer, I think I better go find one on a lot to drive or something before I order one.

19. Sep 9, 2013 at 6:41 AM
    Nicko

Nicko beach bum

Member:
    First Name:
    Nicolas
    South Florida
    The camper tops arent so bad visibility wise, i have had one
    On my truck for the past year and i can see
    Out my rear view perfectly fine.

It all depends on how clean you keep the windows and if you
    Tint the s''t out of them. Ive never had any issues with visibility.

20. Sep 9, 2013 at 7:04 AM
    Toyota Tech31

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Debary, Florida
    Vehicle:
    '08 SWB Bad ass SPORT
    Looks like my bumper is taking the long way to get here. Went by my local fastenal this morning to check and its still not here. The manager called some last and said it is currently somewhere in Minnesota. It should hopefully be here Thursday.

6adyqaje_883bb142a3f9a5eab9a61981be0df3467fc87fb3.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top