1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Flowmaster 40 vs 44 (Single Out vs. Dual Out)

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by Nukewater, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Oct 29, 2009 at 1:13 PM
    Nukewater

Nukewater [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Saskatchewan
    I have been reading tons, but as always, since its such a matter of opinion, there is never a right answer. I have a 2008 X-Runner right now with a Super 44 Single Side Out (on stock pipes id imagine). I like the sound alot, but find it dwindles above 4000.

Traded the XR on a 2010 TRD 4x4. First thing I want to do the day i get it is exhaust.

I hear lots of good things about the 40.

1. Should I pull Super44 of XR and throw it on TRD, i have stock pipe at home.

2. Should i just buy fresh Super 44 or 40. If 40, what model

3. I like the looks of dual out back, is there anything bad about that setup? I often haul dirtbikes, is there any ill effect of havin it out the back with the tailgate down.

2. Oct 29, 2009 at 5:41 PM
    BP09

BP09 Active Member

Member:
    Socal (SanDiego)
    Vehicle:
    2009 dbl cab sb
    i just got the super 44 single side out but with 3in pipe instead of the smaller stock one. Ive been told the sound is the same and the only difference is in the size of the muffler. The 44 has a thinner profile. Im not sure about any other differences but i can tell you that on my DC SB it really roars. Pretty quiet at idle but as soon as i step on the gas its a nice purr.

3. Nov 5, 2009 at 11:34 AM
    Nukewater

Nukewater [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Saskatchewan
  4. Nov 9, 2009 at 8:04 PM
    Toyota1998

Toyota1998 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    98Tacoma 2.7L TRD
    KN Cold Air Intake,Add-a-Leaf,2" Leveling Kit, Rock Rims, Brush Guard, Blacked Out Badges, Flowmaster 44 Dual, Sockmonkey TRD decals, Grey Wire
    I have two Flowmaster original 40s on my '68 mustang and it sounds great, i was going for a muscle car sound which it definetly gave. I suggest looking on youtube for some sound clips of what the FM 40 and 44 sound like on our trucks.
    I am currently waiting on my FM 44 to arrive at my door, i ordered it a few days ago, its the single in dual out. I'm going to have my tailpipes either exit straight out the rear or just have them turned downed 6 inches from the muffler, depends on the money situation. but i went and looked up as many youtube videos of Tacomas with FM mufflers and other mufflers to find the one right for me.

Products Discussed in

To Top