1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Flowmaster 817432 on '11 Models

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by Benson X, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Nov 30, 2010 at 10:19 AM
    Benson X

Benson X [OP] ...and we're back!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Olympia, WA
    Vehicle:
    '11 MGM DC/LB
    Debadged, Black Toyota Emblem, TRD Emblem, Tint, Leer 100XL w/ Thule Tracker II rails, aFe Stage II Si Pro Dry-S CAI, aFe Mach Power 3" cat-back exhaust, Doug Thorley Y-Pipe, Bedmat, Weathertech liners, Weathertech window vents, Redline Hood Struts, 12v Anytime Mod, Maglight Mod, FOB/Seatbelt Mod, Rear Diff. Breather Mod, OEM Heated Mirrors Mod, OME 886 Coils w/ 90k Nitro Shocks up front, OME N182 Shocks with Dakars and a D29XL AAL in back, Light Racing UCAs, 1/2" Toytec Front Spacers, swaybar delete Mod, (4) 1" BORA Wheel Spacers, 285/70R17 Goodyear MT/R (originals), hidden Cobra 19DX IV w/ 4' Firestik on a Relentless Mount, custom Sliders, ARB Bumper, Warn VR-8000s w/ Syn. line, custom Tool/Hi-Lift mounts, custom Engine Bay and Winch-area LEDs, csJumper interior LEDs, custom TRD Skull Decal, 10" SeeLite LED light-bar custom mounted in the grille, custom Front & Mid skidplate, Garmin 60CSX GPS w/ RAM mounts....RAN OUT OF
    Hey, NooB here. I was just wondering if anyone has put the Flowmaster Cat-Back Kit (817432) on the 2011 models. This is the kit I want, and I contacted Flowmaster directly, but they said they're still testing the fitment on the new models, and won't have a definitive answer for another 2 weeks. Any help/info would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance, and proud to be a member of this KICK-ASS forum.:thumbsup:

2. Nov 30, 2010 at 10:52 AM
    KPT

KPT sees what you did there.

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner
    Katskin leather interior, Satoshi grille, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75, rear leaf TSB, magnaflow exhaust, 18x9 BBS RW's, 275/65/18 Nitto TG's, black headlights, black taillights, Hella Supertones, weathertechs, EFX tri-fold tonneau, n-Fab steps
    Welcome to TW.

They are just feeding you a line. Nothing with the engine or exhaust system has changed since 2005 on these trucks.

3. Nov 30, 2010 at 11:04 AM
    Benson X

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Olympia, WA
    Vehicle:
    '11 MGM DC/LB
    Debadged, Black Toyota Emblem, TRD Emblem, Tint, Leer 100XL w/ Thule Tracker II rails, aFe Stage II Si Pro Dry-S CAI, aFe Mach Power 3" cat-back exhaust, Doug Thorley Y-Pipe, Bedmat, Weathertech liners, Weathertech window vents, Redline Hood Struts, 12v Anytime Mod, Maglight Mod, FOB/Seatbelt Mod, Rear Diff. Breather Mod, OEM Heated Mirrors Mod, OME 886 Coils w/ 90k Nitro Shocks up front, OME N182 Shocks with Dakars and a D29XL AAL in back, Light Racing UCAs, 1/2" Toytec Front Spacers, swaybar delete Mod, (4) 1" BORA Wheel Spacers, 285/70R17 Goodyear MT/R (originals), hidden Cobra 19DX IV w/ 4' Firestik on a Relentless Mount, custom Sliders, ARB Bumper, Warn VR-8000s w/ Syn. line, custom Tool/Hi-Lift mounts, custom Engine Bay and Winch-area LEDs, csJumper interior LEDs, custom TRD Skull Decal, 10" SeeLite LED light-bar custom mounted in the grille, custom Front & Mid skidplate, Garmin 60CSX GPS w/ RAM mounts....RAN OUT OF
    Thanks for the quick response. I figured as much, since the only changes I've noticed has been cosmetic....wanted to double-check though.

4. Nov 30, 2010 at 11:07 AM
    KPT

KPT sees what you did there.

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner
    Katskin leather interior, Satoshi grille, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75, rear leaf TSB, magnaflow exhaust, 18x9 BBS RW's, 275/65/18 Nitto TG's, black headlights, black taillights, Hella Supertones, weathertechs, EFX tri-fold tonneau, n-Fab steps
    No problem. Be aware that cat backs need to be lengthened to fit the DC Long Bed though (most companies don't offer a cat back specifically for the DC LB, not sure about flowmaster). Any shop can do it rather easily.

5. Nov 30, 2010 at 1:59 PM
    Benson X

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Olympia, WA
    Vehicle:
    '11 MGM DC/LB
    Thanks for the heads up...that particular kit comes with an extra 13" length of pipe, so it'll work for either bed length.

6. Nov 30, 2010 at 2:17 PM
    AZBACKCOUNTRY

AZBACKCOUNTRY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    AZ-between the hammer and the anvil
    Vehicle:
    11' AC TRD OFF-ROAD 4x4
    AVID off road bolt on sliders, upper grillcraft, OEM color matched front grill color matched-rear bumper, ARE MX camper shell, wet Okole realtree seat covers,pelfreybuilt hi lift mounts,Timcha shackle receiver,bulaculla trailer harness relocate harness,ICON 2.5 Coilovers, ICON tubular UCA's. Allpro expo leafs, SS lines.Bilstein 110 extended rear shocks.
    Have you checked Magnaflow? Deep and throaty!

Azbackcountry

7. Nov 30, 2010 at 2:33 PM
    Colton

Colton Reagan/Bush '84

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    VA
    Vehicle:
    '08 4X4 TRD Sport Super white
    Pelfreybilt 3-hoop bumper, Bilstein 5100 F&R, OME 886 w/driver side top plate spacer, 1.5" AAL, 315/70/17 Hankook Dynapro AT, 17x9 Level 8 MK6, 20% tint, AEM Brute force intake, Alpine CDE-W235BT, Armortech sliders
    I ordered that same kit. The shop where you get it installed should be able to lengthen it for the DCLB, which is what my shop will do once it gets here. I ordered mine through my mechanic, and shipping is free if I can wait 4-5 weeks (which I can to save that much $$)

8. Nov 30, 2010 at 2:45 PM
    Benson X

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Olympia, WA
    Vehicle:
    '11 MGM DC/LB
    Gonna get mine from PeformancePeddler, it's $424 shipped. There's not too many shops around here that can order them (2 to be exact), and the lowest quote I got was $535. I will do the install myself and weld the joints, if neccessary, at my buddy's shop.

9. Nov 30, 2010 at 2:50 PM
    Benson X

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Olympia, WA
    Vehicle:
    '11 MGM DC/LB
    Did your kit not come with "Extension Pipe"? It should have included a 13" ext. pipe that mounts right before the muffler for the longbeds. I would check out the contents before the mechanic charges you to cut/lengthen your pipe.

To Top