1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Flowmaster FTW

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Metallikatz3, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Apr 14, 2009 at 6:28 PM
    Metallikatz3

Metallikatz3 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SLC, UT
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB OR
    Always in process
    I just installed my Flowmaster american thunder exhaust tonight. All told took about 2 hours, mainly fighting with old exhaust hangers.. and drinking beer with one of my buddies. The install was kinda disconcerting i would say... some of the pieces looked like they would hit the springs or the driveshaft untill I put the whole system in.

Overall the fitment is great once i got it figured out. The sound is amazing. It is quieter then I thought it was gonna be with the 50 series muffler. Nice and deep tone and not too much drone on the highway and almost stock sounding at idle. It gets really mean sounding around 3k RPM. I wouldn't describe it was V8 but its very unique and I like it!!! It's still burning in and smells like burning fiberglass still haha. But pics coming soon once it's nice out!!

2. Apr 14, 2009 at 6:50 PM
    Marioso

Marioso Risueno

Member:
    San diego Ca
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota Fj Cruiser
    how much

3. Apr 15, 2009 at 4:19 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Give it a few days to settle and check everything again.

After mine settled, it was hitting the springs and I had to make adjustments (bending brackets/such) to make it clear. No biggie..... after I was certain everything was good - I took it to a shop and had them weld all the joints (cost $40).

Marioso, I bought mine online for $351.04 (free shipping)
    http://www.wundercarparts.com/searc...r=Flowmaster&gclid=CPL_jIylopYCFQNfFQodbQxz5w

Products Discussed in

To Top