1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Flowmaster of Magnaflow?

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by spencer_hong, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Dec 9, 2007 at 2:38 PM
    spencer_hong

spencer_hong [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Palos Verdes, SoCal
    Vehicle:
    BlackedOut 07 DC
    K&N Air Charger CAI 63 Series, Flowmaster Delta 50 Series Muffler, Helo Maxx6 Black Wheels 17'', Blacked out headlights, blacked out tail lights, interior neon,, Luminics H4 Pure Blue headlight bulbs, Luminics H10 Pure Blue Fog Light bulbs, 10% tint all around, blacked out emblems, Pioneer In-Dash DVD
    I'm just looking to buy a new muffler, don't want to spend too much. Anywhere from 100-200ish maybe a bit more. Just wanted to check in with your guys' opinions between Flowmasters and Magnaflows

2. Dec 9, 2007 at 2:46 PM
    dabighi

dabighi Well-Known Member

Member:
    i just bought a flowmaster 40 series delta flow spent like less than 80 on it. shop pretty close to pv to its off of pch. they can also get u magnaflows. just really depends on what sound you want. the magnaflows that i've heard kinda have that ricer sound to it which is not what i want. my buddy has the same flow that i bought and it is a realy nice deep mellow yet aggressive sound without too much noise in the cab. i would check out sound clips and see what you like. then let me know and ill give u info on the shop.

3. Dec 9, 2007 at 2:54 PM
    spencer_hong

spencer_hong [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Palos Verdes, SoCal
    Vehicle:
    BlackedOut 07 DC
    K&N Air Charger CAI 63 Series, Flowmaster Delta 50 Series Muffler, Helo Maxx6 Black Wheels 17'', Blacked out headlights, blacked out tail lights, interior neon,, Luminics H4 Pure Blue headlight bulbs, Luminics H10 Pure Blue Fog Light bulbs, 10% tint all around, blacked out emblems, Pioneer In-Dash DVD
    thanks, i'm not sure which shop your talking about. but theres a shop in san pedro.. san pedro mufflers and i know the guys who work the place so im going to end up going there and getting it. they said they'd do a flowmaster w/ installation for 100. i know the 40 series are popular, but i just wanted to check and see if anyone liked the magnaflows

4. Dec 9, 2007 at 4:38 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    i like my magnaflow, but i got the entire catback off ebay for $165...i got lucky

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Dec 9, 2007 at 7:26 PM
    twoarezee

twoarezee Well-Known Member

Member:
    esco, ca
    Vehicle:
    00 Dropped Mini
    rims,tires,3"/6" drop, 4x4 front end, 01 tails and corners, prerunner buckets,tenzo r steering wheel w/ momo hub, b&m shifterw/ jdm trd knob, alpine system, tint, 3 3/4" autometer tach, jardine cat back, k&n, debaged, hellwig rear sway bar, kyb monomax shocks, tundra v8 oil filter w/ mobil 1 in ever
    magnaflow

6. Nov 20, 2009 at 12:24 PM
    only_K

only_K Future Owner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Central California
    Vehicle:
    Currently searching for dream truck...
    TBD
    I went with a Flowmaster and i didnt like it. At high RPM it sounded ricey and there was a constant drone in the cab. I just put on a Magnaflow and i love it. Its not too loud but when you step on it you can hear it. At high RPMs it doesnt sound ricey at all. It has its own unique tone to it. I would recommend Magnaflow to every tacoma owner.

Products Discussed in

To Top