1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FNG Suspension Question

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by ParkerDurango, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Sep 20, 2017 at 5:37 PM
    ParkerDurango

ParkerDurango [OP] New Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    08 Taco 4 banger Super base
    Looking for some...
    Hey Guys,

I'm on my 4th Taco. Selling my 15 Access long bed 6 spd manual but that's a different issue.

I now have an 08 standard cab. Super base model down to the Manual windows I haven't had since HS. Anyway, it has 110k miles and I want to upgrade the suspension. Not looking for a lift or anything badass. I want something that is smooth on the HWY and soaks up high freq stuff on dirt roads. Not doing any legit wheeling except to get to out of the cool places once in awhile. Towing dirt bikes and have a glass topper loaded with kayaks is the max workout the 4 banger will get.

ICON seems to top choice but do I really want to spend $1500 on a 10 yo truck? I have Rancho 9000 adjustable on my Tundra and pretty happy with it and think it will be better on the Taco.

What do you guy's think?

Parker

2. Sep 21, 2017 at 7:09 AM
    JT@Bajakits

JT@Bajakits Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    Race Trucks and Off Road Suspension
    It's really up to you!

How do you plan on using your truck? What's your overall goal? Do you have a budget in mind?

If you have the $$ and don't mind spending it, Coilovers ( King, Icon, Fox ) hands down are the best.

In the end, it'll come down to what you want to spend and your overall goal with the truck.

JT

Products Discussed in

To Top