1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

fog/driving lights

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by 95.5taco, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Feb 10, 2008 at 1:46 PM
    95.5taco

95.5taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Canada
    Vehicle:
    1995.5 sr5 extcab
    air raid cold air intake, throttle body spacer, rear 2.5" add-a-leafs, downey headers, dynomax ultroflo muffler,new carbon fiber tail lights, warn transformer grille guard, Alpine mp3 player,Kicker competition speakers. Rancho 5000 shocks
    I am a liitle leary about installing my new fog/driving lights from APC, however for 13 bucks I could not resisit buying them (6"X3.5"). My question out there is this, I am brutal at vehicle electrical and of course the lights did not come with a wiring diagram I what to knwo I can get the lights wired right.
    1. from the switch comes a long red wire with not termination device(crimp spade circular etc) i assume this goes to my battery?
    2. From the 2 fuses they end in a circular crimp end, does this go to ground or to the battery, if it matters the wire is yellow
    3. from the lights they go to a relay i think, as I had to plug them in, then there is a mess of wires which go to diffenerent places however on each relay light line there is a black wire again with he circular spade bit, now do these go to ground?
    please is there anyone that can help me?
    oh yeah and I am visiting California near disney land, is there any muffler shops/performance shops that would sell a performance freeflow cat to go with my DOWNEY headers?

2. Feb 10, 2008 at 2:57 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    Sorry I can't help you but Piercedtiger is pretty damn good about this stuff, maybe contact him through a pm, good luck.

3. Feb 11, 2008 at 9:25 AM
    95.5taco

Member:
    Central Canada
    Vehicle:
    1995.5 sr5 extcab
    air raid cold air intake, throttle body spacer, rear 2.5" add-a-leafs, downey headers, dynomax ultroflo muffler,new carbon fiber tail lights, warn transformer grille guard, Alpine mp3 player,Kicker competition speakers. Rancho 5000 shocks
    ok sorry about that.... APC lighting 6"x3.5" driving/and or fog lights
    1. red wire comes from the switch, is fairly long and has no termination device on the end
    2. the "relay" does not have any numbers except s11-1a-c1, 30a/12vdc, 15a/24vdc
    3. the fuses come from "those relays" in the form of a yellow wire and end in two circular spade connections.
    4. i will try to get a picture posted if i can thax for your help

4. Feb 12, 2008 at 8:19 AM
    95.5taco

Member:
    Central Canada
    Vehicle:
    1995.5 sr5 extcab
    hey thanx man, I had a mechanic friend come over, he thinks the fused yellow wires definately go to the battery source, the blacks are for sure the grounds and the red loose wire from the switch he thinks goes to a a fused source ie: signal lights, cig lighter etc so it has power when the ignition turns over. he recommended that i dry run it off my battery first to see if it works or the fuses pop. and yes APC stands for Amercan products Company and yes its made in China lol.
    I can't wait to see the lights work cuz lately its been blizzarding out here and its hard to see the highway
    again thanx

5. Feb 12, 2008 at 9:19 AM
    95.5taco

Member:
    Central Canada
    Vehicle:
    1995.5 sr5 extcab
    right oh!

6. Oct 25, 2009 at 8:47 AM
    EnolaGaia

EnolaGaia Well-Known Member

Member:
    Midwest USA
    Vehicle:
    '01 & '04 S-Runners
    01 SR: Double Cab conversion, S/C, lowered.
    It would be a bad idea to wire the aftermarket lights into the headlight circuit for power.

If you want the new lights' behavior to be dependent on the headlights you can trigger a relay off the headlight circuit, which would then activate the new lights off their own (separate) power source.

If you want the new lights' behavior to be independent of the headlights you need to install a control switch.

7. Nov 23, 2009 at 9:11 AM
    Atron22

Atron22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Felipe Peublo, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    05 Taco Double Cab 4x4
    K&N Cold Air intake 77 Series, 3 inch leveling kit front, AAL w 1 1/2 inch block, rear Pro Comp ES9000 Shocks, Dynomax Catback Exhuast.
    Can someone actually show me a step by step diagram for wiring driving lights? Please!!! I am not all that great with eletrical stuff. An actual picture or something would be nice.

Products Discussed in

To Top