1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fog lights after market

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Joel Fox, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Oct 26, 2007 at 9:34 AM
    Joel Fox

Joel Fox [OP] Member

Member:
    Thanks to all for the help and hints, they made my installation of after market fog lights a cinch!:)
    Here are some pic's....

DSCF0784.jpg
    DSCF0785.jpg
    DSCF0786.jpg
    DSCF0787.jpg
    DSCF0788.jpg

2. Oct 26, 2007 at 10:00 AM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    Looks nice. Good job!

3. Oct 28, 2007 at 6:49 PM
    TacoTurd

TacoTurd Defying Alliances since 2007

Member:
    Central Texas
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner TRD Sport
    TRD Exhaust, TRD CAI, Bull Bar, PIAA lights, Passport, Bed Mat, UWS Toolbox, Hood Struts, Rear TSB, TRD/Okole Seat Covers, Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, Burned Carpet, Nasty Dent in Roof
    If you dig into one of the unused connectors behind those dummy plugs you can get dash illumination on that switch too.

4. Oct 28, 2007 at 7:27 PM
    Joel Fox

Joel Fox [OP] Member

Member:
    Their are only two terminals left, any Idea as to how they are wired? I assume that one is to 12v source and the other to ground, or looped in series with the on-off portion of the switch. I will try to experiment when I have time, but if any one knows it will save me a lot of time and fuses!!!:confused:
    Thanks.....

5. Oct 28, 2007 at 8:45 PM
    TacoTurd

TacoTurd Defying Alliances since 2007

Member:
    Central Texas
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner TRD Sport
    TRD Exhaust, TRD CAI, Bull Bar, PIAA lights, Passport, Bed Mat, UWS Toolbox, Hood Struts, Rear TSB, TRD/Okole Seat Covers, Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, Burned Carpet, Nasty Dent in Roof
    They are for the switch light, and they span the dash illumination circuit (variable voltage) to 12V+ when the dash circuit is on.

If you wire it the other way (from the variable voltage to ground), the light will dim opposite the rest of the dash.

Just dig out one of the unused connectors behind those dummy covers. On the end will be two terminals, one that varies with your dash dimmer and the other is 12V+. Connect the light between those two.

6. Oct 28, 2007 at 10:53 PM
    TuRDTACO

TuRDTACO Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    HAD 07 TRD OFFROAD PRERUNNER
    small dent on the hood, new foglight bulb, roughed up bedliner, been smoked in, suspicious stains on the passenger seat, boogers on the drivers seat, dirty floor mats, girl doodles on the dirty windows, loose wiring
    tacoturd? but i thought my username was so original, i even worked the TRD in there...damn!

7. Oct 28, 2007 at 10:55 PM
    TuRDTACO

TuRDTACO Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    HAD 07 TRD OFFROAD PRERUNNER
    small dent on the hood, new foglight bulb, roughed up bedliner, been smoked in, suspicious stains on the passenger seat, boogers on the drivers seat, dirty floor mats, girl doodles on the dirty windows, loose wiring
    oh $#!+ YOU'RE that evil twin! i can't believe my, well, our mom would lie to us! all those years....wait a sec...come to think of it...i'm probably the bad one haha..... :poking:

8. Oct 29, 2007 at 12:52 PM
    Joel Fox

Joel Fox [OP] Member

Member:
    Thanks TocoTurd, That makes sense, I'll try to find the dimming circuit.

Products Discussed in

To Top