1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

fold a cover???

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mainland_newfie, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Mar 25, 2009 at 4:32 PM
    mainland_newfie

mainland_newfie [OP] Mainland Newfie

Member:
    ontario, canada
    Vehicle:
    TRD Tacoma
    skid plate, side step rails, new rims, hose clamp, 20% tint, G4 Tonneau cover, JVC 7 in double din stereo/dvd
    ok, I know this has been a big questionaire here, but I'm ready to buy and just have one more question for those who have a fold a cover or know someone who has

The lock... it being on top, I live in Ontario, Canada, in late jan and feb it gets pretty damn cold, is freezing a problem with these locks, the last thing I want is to be locked out of my bed and not be able to open the tailgate to get in. If it is an issues, would just keeping a simple de-icer cure all problems.

2. Mar 25, 2009 at 4:41 PM
    indigotacoma07

indigotacoma07 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Ealsey, South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 3in level lift, debadged
    3in level lift, 20in wheels and BFG all terrian tires, Helix Throttle body spacer, K&N air intake, billit grill with fog lights, Double Din Nav Pionieer D3, Angle eyes headlights, custum box with 2 10in alpine subs and 4 alpine door speakers, 4% tint all way around, 55% front windshield, painted to macth vent visors, painted to match N-Fab bars, dual flowmaster exhaust
    You can get a pop-n-lock for tailgate if you want to get a fold a cover without a lock on top. What ever you do stay away from the BAK cover it sucks big time.

3. Mar 25, 2009 at 5:00 PM
    mainland_newfie

Member:
    ontario, canada
    Vehicle:
    TRD Tacoma
    skid plate, side step rails, new rims, hose clamp, 20% tint, G4 Tonneau cover, JVC 7 in double din stereo/dvd
    Well I'm pretty sure I'm getting the elite G2 from fold a cover, and for this I'm going to be supporting your economy, haha. The other option I can get for about the same price is the extang hard folding cover, but haven't heard much about that one.

4. Jun 11, 2009 at 11:38 AM
    mainland_newfie

Member:
    ontario, canada
    Vehicle:
    TRD Tacoma
    just wondering if any of you hear a jingle, or rattle in the lid??? I heard it, through the access window the first time with the stereo off.

5. Jun 11, 2009 at 11:41 AM
    dennyct@hotmail.com

dennyct@hotmail.com Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida & New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    Sport
    Estang Tri-Fold
    I have an Extang tri-fold hard cover. If a crook really wants to get in the bed, he can rip the cover off since it is held down with thich rubber straps.

Products Discussed in

To Top