1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

For sale: '00 Taco air filter system

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by thenrie, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Sep 25, 2007 at 2:11 PM
    thenrie

thenrie [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma, SR5, TRD, 2.7L (LEV), 4wd, 5sp m
    Magnaflow cat and cat-back exhaust, AFE Stage 2 cold-air intake system, 2.5" lift via Skyjacker leaf packs, Bilstein 5100s.
    I just replaced my air filter system for a AFE Stage 2 Cold-Air Intake system. I have the complete air filter system for a '00 Taco 2.7L from box to intake manifold, minus the MAF and MAF gasket, includes a high performance filter (don't know what brand - green, made in France), all clamps, hoses, rubber mounts. Filter needs cleaning, all in good shape, if a bit dirty. $85 OBO, will ship UPS. See attachment for photo.

100_0071.jpg

2. Jan 17, 2008 at 5:40 PM
    SQUEEKS TACO

SQUEEKS TACO Member

Member:
    PISMO BEACH AREA 805
    Vehicle:
    01 2.7L 5sp reg-cab
    all stock but new 31 10.50's A/T hope to get some coilovers, uper A-arms, rear AAL and let her breath better with an intake and headder and exaust
    cool how ya like it... i want the same thing, hows it breath..

3. Jan 17, 2008 at 6:59 PM
    thenrie

thenrie [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma, SR5, TRD, 2.7L (LEV), 4wd, 5sp m
    Magnaflow cat and cat-back exhaust, AFE Stage 2 cold-air intake system, 2.5" lift via Skyjacker leaf packs, Bilstein 5100s.
    Are you asking about the AFE? I didn't notice any improvement in gas mileage, but it improved torque above about 2500rpm. Problem is that I hardly ever drive above 2500rpm, so I'm not sure it helped at all. I also upgraded the exhaust system and was hoping to improve to around 25mpg. That $700 for the filter and exhaust got me from 20mpg to 21. Looks cool, though. Knowing what I know now, I would have stuck with the original intake system. I needed the exhaust system regardless. Old one was shot.

The thread you replied to is actually my ad to sell the original intake system. The right offer might talk me out of my AFE intake system.

Products Discussed in

To Top