1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

For you 2012'ers out there...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by LAoffroadin, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Dec 29, 2012 at 10:10 PM
    LAoffroadin

LAoffroadin [OP] BURY ME WITH MY TACO!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2012 offroad 4x4
    ICON stage 5 coilers w/ ICON ucas, dakar leaf pack with Fox rears, k&n cai, LED cab light, raceline 16 inch wheels , toyo m/t 33",painted front yota emblem gloss white, retrofit headlights with mirrimoto 3 " lenses running the 6k headlights. Bhlm, bestopper, wet okole seat covers (max 4), weather tech mats,winch with piaa fogs. All pro apex front bumper. Sliders etc
    So I have a walker Evans coilovers with res. In The front and ome Dakar leaf pack with ome shocks in the back... Never noticed a problem until recently... I started noticing a slight vibration in the rear from 0-20mph so I brought it in. Learned some info you guys should or probably already know...

The 2012 trd offroad models come with the shaft (pinion??) angle already maxed out.. So any sort of lift (including the factory rear leaf tsb) will change the angle even more making it worse... Recommendations... If you get a lift (mine Is a 4") you need to bring your tacos to a 4x4 shop and have them adjust your rear axle.. Bare mind. This will still put a awkward angle on the shaft where it connects to the transfer case.. I don't know of any way to fix this.. So thts where I stand... According to Toyota... This will not effect the joints harshly, however, over time as we all know they will wear. Just keep an eye on them and do your regular maintenance... Questions on the FULL process forgave your shaft angles inspected.. Pm me..

Products Discussed in

To Top