1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

SOLD forged, 2-piece SSR Auswuch|16x7J -1

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires Marketplace' started by savethewheels, Jan 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 25, 2020 at 4:50 AM
    savethewheels

savethewheels [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    truck
    SOLD

Often referred to as the "King of JDM Off-road Wheels"...

$900 OBO + shipping within USA
    or free pickup in Birmingham, Alabama

SSR Auswuch
    16x7J -1
    PCD 6x139.7

Forged, which means they're lightweight but strong. Only weigh 17 lbs per wheel!
    These are multi-piece wheels made in Japan. The faces can be removed from the back.
    The faces are anodized silver, lips are polished and clear coated. The faces are also easy enough to remove. Only 20 bolts per wheel, just need a rag and a rubber mallet.
    Great condition for their age. Structurally sound and ready to hit the trail. Some minor curb rash on straight flange of lips, but nothing that can't be easily sanded down and polished. There is some buildup and water etching. Bear in mind that these are vintage wheels, but still of utmost quality. Wheels sold as is.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    mcharfauros, ZahyMatar, Wulf and 2 others like this.
  2. Jan 26, 2020 at 8:22 AM
    Stu808

Stu808 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stuart
    Vehicle:
    1996 FJ80 Triple Locked
    Polished valve cover, polished Thermostat Housing, 3 core aluminum radiator, silicone hoses, Kenwood DNX-9980HD with garmin OBD2 bluetooth plugin (Engine Telemetry on double din screen) upgraded Polk speakers under factory grills , electric 2850cfm fan in front of condenser (passenger side) with adjustable thermostat (turns on at 194f-off at 187f) led lights behind the gauges and everything else inside the cab, clear lights outside with LEDs except headlights (stock but 6k temp) Rebuilt seats gears so seats are perfect and never going to grind themselves again, she is all Synthetic oils front to rear, Borla exhaust. And lots more to do on her. :-) Only 108k so far so goooooood
    Wow! Those are really nice. Is it very hard to take the centers off? My gold ones are 16x8 (-1) and the barrels are in great condition. I agree with you about my rims, I wouldn’t feel right about defacing the rims I have to make them silver (aluminum) but how hard would it be to take the centers off of yours and put them on my barrels? Or would that just mess up 2 sets of rims? I wish the set you have were 16x8 instead of 16x7!!!

3. Jan 28, 2020 at 8:44 PM
    Stu808

Stu808 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stuart
    Vehicle:
    1996 FJ80 Triple Locked
    Polished valve cover, polished Thermostat Housing, 3 core aluminum radiator, silicone hoses, Kenwood DNX-9980HD with garmin OBD2 bluetooth plugin (Engine Telemetry on double din screen) upgraded Polk speakers under factory grills , electric 2850cfm fan in front of condenser (passenger side) with adjustable thermostat (turns on at 194f-off at 187f) led lights behind the gauges and everything else inside the cab, clear lights outside with LEDs except headlights (stock but 6k temp) Rebuilt seats gears so seats are perfect and never going to grind themselves again, she is all Synthetic oils front to rear, Borla exhaust. And lots more to do on her. :-) Only 108k so far so goooooood
    Do you know what center caps fit on the Auswuch rims? I think every picture I have seen with them on a LC or any other vehicle they don’t have center caps on them. I understand it would be hard to get caps for a Land Cruiser with Auswuch rims on it because the front spindle sticks out really far. Any idea on what size the hole is in the center of the rim? Is it different between a 15 inch rim and a 16 inch rim? I see on the back of the rim there is a label and on the label it says type B, is that the sizing for the center cap or something else?
    Thanks for all your help!!
    Stuart
    P.s. I saw some nice center caps on the internet that kinda look like the top of a bullet. I think they were aluminum or some kind of chrome plated metal. I would prefer aluminum or plastic because other metal would start to oxidize because of the electrolysis for it being dissimilar metal.

savethewheels[OP] likes this.
  4. Jan 29, 2020 at 12:10 PM
    Stu808

Stu808 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stuart
    Vehicle:
    1996 FJ80 Triple Locked
    Do you think you could Please take a picture of what one of them looks like so I can get something similar?
    I want to get some center caps that are shaped like the top of a bullet, hopefully in polished aluminum to go with the rims

5. Feb 4, 2020 at 9:28 PM
    intense1

intense1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Walnut Creek,CA
    Vehicle:
    2004 4R v8 4x4
    I need to buy a Land Cruiser to put these on!

savethewheels[OP] likes this.
  6. Feb 23, 2020 at 9:21 AM
    intense1

intense1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Walnut Creek,CA
    Vehicle:
    2004 4R v8 4x4
    I know, I know, I know... Not why you get these wheels... How much do they weigh?

7. Apr 7, 2020 at 8:26 AM
    fe650

fe650 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sent a PM

8. Jun 27, 2020 at 10:13 AM
    savethewheels

savethewheels [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    truck