1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Form Lighting Headlights

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by Skratch&sniff, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Feb 1, 2023 at 2:07 PM
    Skratch&sniff

Skratch&sniff [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Has anyone else used Form Lighting’s 3rd gen Tacoma headlights? I’ve had mine for over two months now, so I figured I’d give ‘em a quick review since I haven’t seen much written on them.

I should start by saying that my main motivation in getting new headlights was mostly due to the awful chrome styling around the headlights on my 2020 Off-Road. You guys know what I’m talking about…

So when I discovered the lights that Form had developed I was intrigued because of 1) Their more subdued chrome free look. 2) Their more reasonable price point. 3) They are somehow related to @Diode Dynamics and I’m super pleased with every DD product I’ve ever owned.

I’m not the kind of guy that needs my headlights to perform a laser light show that will compete with a Pink Floyed concert, so I decided to give them a try.

Initially I had some hesitation, mostly because their bulbs inside of the lights have a bit of chrome trim, but I’m glad my allergy to chrome did not prevent me from buying these. Not only is it basically unnoticeable, it looks awesome! It’s really the trim on the sides that makes a difference.

Before:
    44E5BA8B-D347-4F2F-B824-7EEB285C9186.jpg

After:
    DD6F0450-D06C-4D16-99BB-65A6AC401027.jpg

7FE0B06C-AD4A-4395-916F-6A43698595E7.jpgC5FCBD48-1B22-4388-A651-DFCEF3D302A6.jpg

5F7B078D-1420-4748-9753-3F24E71FB9CE.jpg

I really didn’t know what to expect from the performance of the lights going into this, but I have to say I think they outperformed the OEM lights in a big way. I actually have a vision issue that can makes night time driving difficult under some circumstances, but with these lights it hasn’t really been an issue!

Overall I’m extremely happy with them and I’ll try to update this again with more photos and impressions in the future.

My only complaint, if you can call it that, is that initially when I installed these, the DRL on the passenger side wasn’t working correctly.

One of the many reasons I like working with DD is that it’s so easy to get a knowledgeable human on the phone to answer questions. Form Lights operates their business the same way. Once I got in touch with them, they had a replacement out to me in no time! It’s been smooth sailing ever since.

At this point the only regret I have is not buying them sooner. Not only has my chrome induced rash subsided, but I now feel much safer on the road. If you too are allergic to chrome, and not looking to put on a laser light show in a mall parking lot, you should give these a shot. I’m glad I did!

2. Feb 14, 2023 at 7:17 AM
    leftright

leftright Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    charlie
    south Texas
    Vehicle:
    2023 tacoma SR5 DCSB celestial silver Technology package black out package tinted windows
    Clazzio seat cover Vled tail light conversion
    Thanks for review I was looking at those also. They look great on your truck

3. Sep 9, 2023 at 10:05 AM
    senecataco

senecataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cement OR DCSB
    None... yet.
    Care to give an update six or so months later? I’m deciding whether to buy these. I’ve been trying to talk myself into buying the OEM Pro LED headlights since they’re more blacked out than the stock LEDs, but I’m really not cool with having “TRD Pro” on the headlights of the OR. I hate fake badging lol.

I love the look of these, of all the available headlights these look the best to me… my biggest hesitation is that I just feel like all the non-OEM headlights run into issues with condensation or other reliability issues. Curious how yours are doing after having them on a while.

4. Sep 9, 2023 at 10:18 AM
    BLtheP

BLtheP Not a Member

Member:
    Plano, TX
    Vehicle:
    2021 MGM TRD On-Road DCSB MT
    5.29 Gears, FJ Pedal, 265/75R16 Toyo ATIII
    Your best option is to buy the TRD Pro housings and ship them to @no vtec 4me. He can remove the TRD PRO badges and seal them back up like factory. Expensive end result...yes, but it would be what you want after all.

I'd skip Form.

musicisevil, no vtec 4me and Chew like this.
  5. Sep 9, 2023 at 10:23 AM
    CraigF

CraigF Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Oak Grove, OR
    Vehicle:
    06 AC PR OR 4.0L
    none yet
    Form is to Diode Dynamics as K-Mart is to Sears

TaCosmere and musicisevil like this.