1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

found rust on my 97

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Omar, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Jan 4, 2012 at 9:31 PM
    Omar

Omar [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Access Cab
    So when I first got that rust notification about 2 years ago, I took my truck to the dealer and they said it looked fine, just some surface rust, but I could and should get it checked again before the 15 years are up.
    A few months ago I get another notification that said I had to bring it in by the December 31 deadline to get the undercoating. Of course I waited till last minute and brought it in late last week, lo and behold beating the frame with a hammer put a hole in it! They told me it was still drivable, so could take it home and expect a call about the buy out. The service guy was super nice and very helpfull, but I was wondering about the logistics of how this works, and he told me the service manager would call and explain it all to me.
    I got a call from the service manager a few days later who asked me a bunch of questions about the truck, even though I thought they would have take down all the info while I was there. I wanted to ask him a few questions myself, but he told me to sit tight and that Toyota Corporate would be calling me within a month to make an appointment to bring my truck back to the dealer.
    I assume there are plenty of other guys on here who went through this, and I'm wondering how this all goes down. Do they come out to the dealer to look at it again? Do I just meet them at the dealer, hand over my keys and take the a check? Do they mail me the check? It all seems so odd! haha
    Also I've heard rummors that Toyota gives you extra incentives to buy another one, is that true? If so, would that be from the dealer or from corporate toyota, so that I could use it any dealer?
    Yep, I'm that pain in the ass who asks too many questions :D

Products Discussed in

To Top