1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fox Shox OEM Replacement Issues

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by mountainprimat2, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Sep 4, 2012 at 7:02 AM
    mountainprimat2

mountainprimat2 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stefan
    LI, New York
    Vehicle:
    09 DC TRD Off-Road 6spd man
    Fox Shox 2.5 Coilovers, 3'' All-Pro Suspension Lift w/ Fox Shox 2.0 Piggyback Rears, Total Chaos UCAs and LCAs, 33inch Nitto Terras on 17'' American Racing Teflon Coated Wheels, Full Size Spare on N-Fab Tire Carrier, TRD Cat-Back Exhaust, TRD CAI, Grillcraft Grilles(U/L), MOT's Badge Grille Mod (Red), Black Lower Valence, Black Bed Lined Rear Bumper, Bushwacker Pocket Style Fender Flares, OEM Roof Rack, Wet Okole TRD Seat Covers, Husky Floor Liners,TRD 6spd Shifter Knob, Cobra CB w/ Firestick II, Interior LED Map/Dome Lights, LED Licence Plate Lights, Amber Fogs, BHLM w/ 5000k Retrofit, Plasti Dip Badges, Trailer Harness Relocate, Dakine Tail Gate Pad

Yeah this was my fear, I have a feeling that they are OEM replacement and not extended travel. I wonder if fox would be down with helping out and converting them as part of a rebuild perhaps.

2. Oct 16, 2013 at 12:54 AM
    ffdawson

ffdawson Adventurer

Member:
    Penngrove
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Rugged Trail 6spd
    Fox Racing Shox 2.5 coilovers, Desert Racing Products UCAs, Fox 2.0's, OME Dakar's, BAMF Rock Sliders w/ kickout, All Pro Rear Bumper w/ Yotaman swing out, 1 1/4 Spidertraxx spacers, Goodyear Wrangler MTR's 285/75/16, Optima Red Top, Morimoto Ind. 32" LED Bar, 20% tint, Ipod direct hookup, Diff Breather mod, BHLM, SnugTop Shell, Yakima Racks, WeatherTech's, BajaRack Utility Roof Rack, Tepui RTT, RCI Skid,
    Hey I know this thread is a million years old, but I'm curious to find out what your solution was. I have exactly the same situation. Fox 2.5's in front, ran em with 1" of lift for ever and they are great. Just upgraded to fresh 285 MT-R's and needed a bit more lift to clear the tires, bumped the foxes up to 2.75 and now it rides like dog shit. Bouncy, clunking all over the place, UCA almost maxed out sitting still... Frustration!

I need a bit of lift to clear the tires, but don't want it to ride like a f-Ing low rider mini truck!

Any solution to your issues?

3. Oct 16, 2013 at 5:22 AM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    They may need a rebuild but most likely what your feeling is the lack of down travel? They're already extended to the point of only having 1.25" left before they're over extending. You could just trim up where it rubs and keep the lift low......think of a trophy truck with a lower center of gravity and big ass tires that fully stuff.

Could be a combination due to the tires, heavier compound/tire pressure, etc?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  4. Oct 16, 2013 at 10:58 AM
    ffdawson

ffdawson Adventurer

Member:
    Penngrove
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Rugged Trail 6spd
    Fox Racing Shox 2.5 coilovers, Desert Racing Products UCAs, Fox 2.0's, OME Dakar's, BAMF Rock Sliders w/ kickout, All Pro Rear Bumper w/ Yotaman swing out, 1 1/4 Spidertraxx spacers, Goodyear Wrangler MTR's 285/75/16, Optima Red Top, Morimoto Ind. 32" LED Bar, 20% tint, Ipod direct hookup, Diff Breather mod, BHLM, SnugTop Shell, Yakima Racks, WeatherTech's, BajaRack Utility Roof Rack, Tepui RTT, RCI Skid,
    Thanks. Yeah I think the new tires have something to do with it, but you're right they might need to be rebuilt. ugh...

To Top