1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Frame concerns

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BOSSHOSS, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Oct 29, 2019 at 1:55 PM
    BOSSHOSS

BOSSHOSS [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Just bought an 09 DC LB. Reading through some previous threads and experiences, and talking to random Taco owners, this is my take on it all.... and please correct me, or add information.
    Toyota has given a frame warranty for 15 years from date code on vehicle due to extensive rust?
    Does this mean, even though frame shows as being inspected this year by toyota corporate records, that it could be inspected again before warranty expires and still be approved?

2. Oct 29, 2019 at 2:04 PM
    16Tacos

16Tacos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab 4x4 V6 SR5
    OME Nitrochargers w/886s & Dakars, ARB Deluxe Bull Bar w/Warn winch, RCI sliders with kick out, IFS & Mid skids, BFF Hi-clearance rear bumper, Brushed Copper 17" SCS Ray10s w/285-70 KO2s, Black OEM 16" steelies w/255-85 KM2s, Leer contractor cap w/Smittybilt overlander xl RTT, Off-Grid Engineering dual battery kit and bed power panel, Blue sea aux fuse block, Wyntner 60L fridge freezer, ARB dual compressor, Pioneer 720BT head unit, CB radio, @Matt_Gecko bed and engine bay lights, @TacomaTruckParts Dirt bike tie down bar, color matched OEM grill, A-Pillar phone mount mod, @Docloco rear seat molle panel
    I'm not sure on the dates anymore but I thought it was like 10 years from the settlement or some other calculation based on date of first use...but mine was inspected prior to my ownership and was coated since it didn't qualify for replacement at that time. I just recently was in for some repairs and they inspected it again (I didn't even ask) and turns out my frame qualified and was recently replaced (I have a 2008).

BOSSHOSS [OP] likes this.
  3. Oct 29, 2019 at 3:31 PM
    Muddinfun

Muddinfun Well-Known Member

Member:
    The '05-'10 settlement is 12 years from date of 1st use. It doesn't matter when it was made, where it spent it's life, where it's currently registered, or how many times it's been inspected. There is no stated limit on how many times you can have it inspected, but I'm sure if you try to get it inspected 2 weeks after it passed, they're gonna say, "Come on! You were just here". The only other stipulation is that if it was originally sold in the US, the frame swap has to be done in the US, and if it was originally sold in Canada, the frame swap has to be done in Canada.

BOSSHOSS [OP] likes this.
  4. Oct 29, 2019 at 6:03 PM
    BOSSHOSS

BOSSHOSS [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Thank you. I didn't have it inspected. Corporate record shows it was inspected in June of this year. I've only had it a week. Talked to a guy at the store yesterday that has an 05. He just had a big dealership in Columbus replace his frame. Still had stickers on it. He said they sent him a letter and made contact. Thinking of taking mine there and asking questions.

Products Discussed in

To Top