1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Frame Reinforcement Plates..

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by 08pretaco, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Aug 3, 2010 at 12:14 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    Have you torn your frame at the shock mounts yet? I would bet you know someone that has on a Toyota mini, Just plain not strong enough to be flexed like you want it to flex. These plates correct one of the flaws in the Toyota design by adding another layer of steel where it needs to be. This plate runs 43" from behind the crossmember to the shackle mount with a cutout for the ID# and the factory frame flange. This is for an IFS frame. We use .1875 (3/16) HR P&O Steel creating a sandwich effect that turns the thin layer of factory steel into an effective I Beam stronger than several times its thickness. These should be clamped to the frame rails matching the factory reinforcing (Yea, right)rib. The top "flap" is made to be boxed to the rear of the motor mount. Sold as a pair.

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/toyota-reinforcement-plates-p-41.html

I read the description but I am kind of having a hard time understanding where these are placed and what exactly they do...anyone have easier terms to describe these?

Products Discussed in

To Top