1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Frame Repairs for 1992 SR5 2WD (Maryland)

Discussion in 'Hilux' started by SunSpot97, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Apr 18, 2017 at 6:30 PM
    SunSpot97

SunSpot97 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Terry
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    1992 SR5 V6 & 2016 TRDS
    None
    Well, I hung a new muffler last weekend and while I was under my 1992 SR5 I saw that the passenger side frame rail under the bed is rusted and eroded so badly that the front leaf spring support is begining to tear away from the rail. The worst of it is right were the bend begins to go over the axle. Oddly, the drivers side rail is in good shape. Beating on it with a hammer didn't turn up any thin spots. Both rails under the cab look fine too.
    My dilemma is what to do? I don't have the space or the means to pull the bed off, cut up plate steel and weld it in place. I see that Tacomas had a lot of frame issues and there are reinforcement plates available online but I see nothing that would fit my 1992. Looks like I need "Custom" frame work. So, my question is, does anybody know of a shop in Maryland that could handle such repairs? I bought the truck brand new in 92' and the thought of sending it to the wreckers has me gutted.

To Top