1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Frame replacement excuses for delays

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by rsincavage85, May 28, 2015.

1. May 28, 2015 at 1:03 PM
    rsincavage85

rsincavage85 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Plains Twp. Pa.
    Vehicle:
    Super White SR5
    Din't want to hi jack anyone's thread, so I figured a new one may be worth it and of value somewhat.

Called the dealer, interesting conversation. I asked as politely and calmly as I could. The question was is there any information available for the delivery time frame for frames? The parts guy asked when my truck was in the shop? I told him the truck was in Dec 12 so the frame would have been ordered about the same time. He told me probably next month. They are starting to get the frames in now they ordered back in February. I was told the leaf spring recall would be taken care of during the frame replacement. And was assured all the parts kits are on the shelf including the harness. All they need is the frame to start working. Best gues is probably by the end of next month. July may be hopeful possibly. Curious to see what everyone else has been told recently about the wait.

2. May 28, 2015 at 1:14 PM
    Fitz235

Fitz235 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    Black '22 DCSB TRD Offroad 4WD
    - TRD T4R Pro Wheels - TRD Lift Kit - TRD Skid Plate - 265/70/17 Toyo Open Country 3's - OEM Bed Lights - OEM Bed mat - Alpharex Tail Lights - TacomaBeast LED Interior Lights - Green Lane Offroad Aluminum Sliders - Place Holder for More Bad Financial Decisions...
    I was originally told that my frame was in back in December, and was waiting for wiring harness. I have since been told my frame wasn't in, nor is the wiring harness. Been waiting since Sept. of last year, coming up on 9 months now.

I'm OK with waiting, as long as when it is done, it's done right. I was also OK with being able to get a frame that comes right off the truck, rather than one that's been sitting in a salty, snowy lot for two months.

3. May 28, 2015 at 1:55 PM
    Tango71

Tango71 Well-Known Member

Member:
    They're doing it on 2nd gens now?

4. May 29, 2015 at 10:03 AM
    Mad Man Marty

Mad Man Marty Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marty
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma SR5 TRD Sport
    6speed, TRD intake, bed tie downs, weathertech rear,Tint
    I'm in PA.
    Brought my truck into dealer in November '14.
    Was told my truck would be done by Christmas.
    Still no frame and no word.
    Avg wait seems to be 6 months,but good luck.

5. May 30, 2015 at 6:34 PM
    rsincavage85

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Plains Twp. Pa.
    Vehicle:
    Super White SR5
    You too good luck, I wish they would have offered a buy back. I would care for 1.5 times like the first round. I happy to see the frames being replace wish they gave options.

6. Jun 2, 2015 at 7:05 PM
    rsincavage85

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Plains Twp. Pa.
    Vehicle:
    Super White SR5
    Stopped at the dealership late in the day. Saw two gray taco as cab off the frame. Around 15 or so frames outside. Had to go get the mileage off my truck for registration and get my gps. Talking with the acting service manager we walked to the pit as it is called there was no shit about 45 trucks waiting on frames. The dealer I went to has about 85 frames to replace. :eek: Some waiting for parts and some waiting for frames. Told him I would have gladly taken a decent offer for trade and bought a new taco.

7. Jun 9, 2015 at 8:59 AM
    rsincavage85

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Plains Twp. Pa.
    Vehicle:
    Super White SR5
    Dealership called to tell me truck should be complete by tomorrow morning and need a new wheel bearing. Surprise call to me crossing my fingers

8. Jun 9, 2015 at 1:02 PM
    R0dzilla75

R0dzilla75 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rodney
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    05 Sport
    HID fog light 265-70-17 Firestone destination ATs Led interiors lights TRD seat covers
    That's awesome congrats!

9. Jun 9, 2015 at 2:48 PM
    rsincavage85

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Plains Twp. Pa.
    Vehicle:
    Super White SR5
    Let's see needs new wheel bearing left side, and on my way home from work receive phone call stating battery will not hold a charge. Funny thing is I was at the dealership a week ago and started the truck a bit hard to start but know battery is dead.

10. Jun 10, 2015 at 12:20 PM
    rsincavage85

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Plains Twp. Pa.
    Vehicle:
    Super White SR5
    Ok got my truck back, it either sit higher in the front slightly or the back sits slightly lower have to find the measurements. They showed me the total cost to Toyota $ 14876.17. I paid 539 for wheel bearing, oil change and battery. The underside looks great rides 100% better than when I took it in. Suspension feels good and is stiffer. Will be using the truck this weekend so see how the new leaf springs are under a load. Can't complain looks like a good job and everything seems solid.

R0dzilla75 likes this.
  11. Jun 10, 2015 at 6:34 PM
    rsincavage85

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Plains Twp. Pa.
    Vehicle:
    Super White SR5
    Thanks, now it times to look for new wheelsand figure out how big a block to put under the rear leaf springs.

12. Jun 16, 2015 at 8:57 AM
    JimROCDS

JimROCDS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    I just had my truck inspected at the Toyota Dealership for the frame recall, yesterday.

The guy told me it would take 6-8 weeks for the parts to come in.

Also, even through they don't have a solution on the recall for the leaf springs, a piece of one was broken and they removed it.

He said they'll replace the leaf springs at no cost, when they get the frame in.

Also, I'll get a courtesy vehicle during the repair time, which he says takes about 3-4 days.

I met a guy who had his done at the same dealership and he was well pleased, and advised me to follow up on the recall, so I did.

My truck is a 2006 and I've had it 9 years. It runs good and I hope they don't screw anything up.

Anyway, I'm going back to Ford for my next pickup.

Toyota is way overrated. My son just had to have both rear struts replaced on his 2014 Tacoma, which only has 2400 miles on it.

Jim

Products Discussed in

To Top