1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

friend has a.....marriage issue....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by RoyB, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Mar 20, 2010 at 11:50 AM
    Mondwa

Mondwa Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 V6 Tacoma
    remote start, Allpro bumper, Slimchubby HID, MetalMiller custom Emblem
    x2

2. Mar 20, 2010 at 12:15 PM
    kilgoja

kilgoja Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2009 regular cab 4x4 2.7L (silver)
    :mudding:
    yeah that sounds messed up (once every few months?) but don't touch her until she gets a divorce first...then she's yours!!!...rofl...obviously they are having problems cuz that is not normal at all...maybe he is cheating on her or something??...i dunno or he just has no sex drive...at his age he should be wanting it all the time...lol...especially if she's hot...i could understand if she was ugly and very overweight maybe losing interest but if she's hot then that makes no sense....just play it cool and it's up to her to decide to leave him or not...then if she does and moves back close to you maybe you can start dating her again or something

3. Mar 20, 2010 at 12:20 PM
    V-TRAIN

V-TRAIN Well-Known Member

Member:
    N. CACKALACKY
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD SPORT LONG BED
    DEMELLO ROCK CRUSHER SLIDERS, PIAA LIGHTS, TSB 4 LEAF PACK, CBI OFFROAD REAR BUMPER LINEXED, CBI OFFROAD FRONT BUMPER LINEXED, REAR 5100's, 1.5" TSB AAL, ICON EXTENDED TRAVEL COILOVERS @ 3", TOTAL CHAOS UCA's, HELLA MICRO DRIVING LIGHTS, IPOD INTERFACE, THULE ROOF RACK, UWS SLIM LINE BLACK TOOL BOX, 17" BBS RD TRUCK WHEELS, GOODYEAR WRANGLER DURATRAC IN 285/70/17
    man, sad story, but there are way to many fish in the sea to get caught up in that
    b.s. that is how people get killed, messing around with others spouses.

4. Mar 20, 2010 at 12:27 PM
    JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    08'Taco.DC,SR5.TRD. Off Road,Manual 6Spd.
    3 inch lift Rev Tek Bilstien shocks .Westin crome side nerf bars (steps) Toyo 285-16" , HID High/Low 4300k ,yellow fogs 3000k, Lear cap 100 XQ , Thule Tracker 2 roof rack , Bed Rug bed liner ....
    For better or worse , she took a vow ..... You didnot take the vow ....... Put your feet in his shoes , would you like some guy shakin the salt on your marrige!!!! if you want to help your friend tell her to get some professional help , don't fill her mind with what you want ....... think and do whats right ...... If I was her husband and I found out you were the salt shaker I would have to thump you , I would have no choice ..... do the right thing and leave her alone ... Hi and small talk is fine ......
    Just my 2 cents ....
    from sombody whos Married ...... Enjoy the Ride My Friend ......

5. Mar 20, 2010 at 12:27 PM
    rmerchant3

rmerchant3 Insert nonsense here

Member:
    ^^^ +1,000,000

STAY AWAY!!! I was in the EXACT same boat as you about 4.5 years back. The girl ended up leaving her husband and we dated for a while. Totally not worth it. (Is still regret it to this day) You two seem so in sync because she is what you "think" you want and you are her escape route. Things will be great in the beginning then they will turn into a "relationship" I'm not saying people don't change, but it takes a lot. Even if she completely hated this guy she is married to, she will resent leaving him for you even if you are the man of her dreams. There is always that what if and that guilt that she will hold. I'd step away and let it be. If she divorces him on her own then maybe look into rekindling the flame. Do not add to her complications.

Like above said. Think about if you were this guy. Imagine the heartache you would feel knowing that some other man tore your wife from you. This is marriage my friend...not a high school flame. She married him because she loved him. They need to work out their problems on their own.

6. Mar 20, 2010 at 12:33 PM
    Bz3r0

Bz3r0 Smackalicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Edwards AFB, CA
    Vehicle:
    White 2017 TRD Offroad
    Under Construction
    ^^^ X10

I too, have also been in this situation before once.... and wasn't too smart about it. (And learned from it the hard way)

Best thing for you to do here is be supportive, talk to her, but let her and the husband work out the marriage deal. Problems that can arise from you being supportive to her, is she will possibly become attached or more to you not only because you're there for her, but also from her older memories, "The good olden days"

Also, it seems you are still emotionally attached from what you say... don't let that side take over.... it may get you in trouble.

7. Mar 20, 2010 at 12:38 PM
    FourWheelsofFURY

FourWheelsofFURY You want a toe? I can get you a toe...

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    07 4X4 Long bed
    Bull Bar, skid plate, nerf bars, LightForce 170s, Raider Viewfinder, Ludicrous speed-capable.
    Amen! I was going to say that if she starts asking you for advice, you need to tell her you have none to give. She needs to make her own decisions without your influence.

If she does something about it and you DID give her any consultation what-so-ever, then things go south she has you to blame. Whether she took your advice or not. The fact that you helped in anyway could leave your relationship scarred.

I would tell her you support the promise she made to her husband 3? years ago and let it be. I wouldn't even contact her after that. She knows how to get a hold of you, but make sure she is legally separated. Plus you wouldn't want ol' boy to discover that you had something to do with it. That's how people get killed with shovels.

8. Mar 20, 2010 at 12:46 PM
    FourWheelsofFURY

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    07 4X4 Long bed
    Bull Bar, skid plate, nerf bars, LightForce 170s, Raider Viewfinder, Ludicrous speed-capable.
    Be honest, how many guys just checked their wife's Facebook page?

9. Mar 20, 2010 at 12:47 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    why? are you overweight and uninterested in sex? is your wife from illinois? :eek:

if thats the case...then...umm...roy look out!

10. Mar 20, 2010 at 12:51 PM
    FourWheelsofFURY

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    07 4X4 Long bed
    5'11" 170lbs of P90Xed muscle so it can't be me!

11. Mar 21, 2010 at 4:52 AM
    XSB41

XSB41 If I had a hammer...

Member:
    First Name:
    Rik
    Va.
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5 4X4
    hitch haul, bed extender, bed mat, behind seat gun rack, roof rack
    DUDE!!! NOoooooooooo... we're trying to help the young man, not have her turning on him! There's enough soap ops on TV already:p Surprised the young Jedi Cmack is silent...perhaps he is frozen in time...anyhoos, glad the second time around is cool, and NO, NO PICS!;)

12. Mar 21, 2010 at 5:13 AM
    AvsFanTRD

AvsFanTRD Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Off Road Black
    rear suspension TSB, sockmonkey bed decals, weathertech floor liners, TRD seat covers, tailgate pop n lock, rear diff breather relocation, center console lock, Viper Alarm, extra D-rings in bed, 5100's on all 4 corners
    There's no such thing as opening up someone's eyes just by talking to them. You can tell them a thousand times that things will not get better, but they won't believe it until it happens. The only way people can learn is from personal experience. Like everyone else has said, stay away. Do not lead this girl on when she is vulnerable. Just because she is "the one" that got away is no excuse for getting involved and thinking with your penis just so you can get with her. I have one of those girls that are the one that got away but I'll be damned if I get involved in her life unless there is a finalized divorce.

13. Mar 21, 2010 at 5:51 AM
    1eyedclyde

1eyedclyde Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    CJ
    New Castle,CO
    Vehicle:
    15 DCLB Limited, 01 AC V6
    Yep. I love this quote

14. Mar 21, 2010 at 6:01 AM
    cleanerguy

cleanerguy Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    2010 Timberland Mica DC TRD sport
    Dude, Stay out of it! Cut ties and get the F out of there before you make a big mistake. This is her problem and if she has any chance of salvaging her marriage you will only make it harder. If she is really ready to bail out you will only be her fall guy. Even if you end up with her you'll never trust her, if she cheats on him you'll be next.

15. Mar 21, 2010 at 6:19 AM
    AFButters

AFButters Rigger, Please!!

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
    Tell her to leave his fat ass and take half his shit

Products Discussed in

To Top