1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

From Jason about delays, COVID, etc.

Discussion in 'Demello Offroad' started by Naveronski, May 10, 2021.

1. May 10, 2021 at 11:09 AM
    Naveronski

Naveronski [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Worth
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM DCSB TRD:OR
    In short, it’s complicated.

CAC2BE4A-244E-4D58-9108-8B6A985E743A.jpg

JDEMELLO and samer312 like this.
  2. May 10, 2021 at 11:10 AM
    Naveronski

Naveronski [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Worth
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM DCSB TRD:OR

3. May 10, 2021 at 11:14 AM
    mclslee

mclslee Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 OR LB
    On the surface, it's definitely unemployment benefits being high right now. It's pretty prevalent across all industries...

But I wish these companies would just do a little more self-reflection and consider, maybe, just maybe, paying people a bit higher and livable wages. Everything/everywhere costs more now and wages have not caught up to it. Supply and demand applies to the workforce as well, demand is high right now with low supply. Sooner or later, more and more companies will start paying more than the bare minimum. Chipotle already announced something today.

EDIT finished reading the whole post -- admittedly I stopped at "blamed" -- and kudos to Jason to recognizing the big picture.

Last edited: May 10, 2021
  4. May 10, 2021 at 12:54 PM
    JDEMELLO

JDEMELLO Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Corona Ca
    Vehicle:
    none
    Thank you for reading it all:) That's why I ask candidates what they want to make. No reason to hire someone and have them leave for a buck or two more an hour. And I'm happy to pay employees 100.00 an hour but that means cost of goods will go up too. Unfortunately this industry has a low mark up, because the myth that "anyone can build it in the garage" always remains. Often they do, and thats why there are 100 different people making products. You also often see those new guys come in, with lower prices when their overhead is low. BUT once the cost of doing business is factored in, they realize what the rest of us already have. It's a viscous cycle that keeps prices and service expectation levels low.

Products Discussed in

To Top