1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Front Brakes Sticking

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by mykljo, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Feb 15, 2013 at 6:52 AM
    mykljo

mykljo [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Ozark Mtns
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma 4x4
    I have a 2003 Tacoma 4x4 Ex. Cab. Pulled into a service station in September to get gas and it cost me over $500 to get it out. The drivers side front wheel would not spin. Replaced wheel bearings on both sides, new axle on drivers side, new rotor on drivers side (warped from the heat) and new caliper. Everything was fine for about two weeks, then it happened again on the passenger side. Replaced the rotor and caliper on the passenger side along with new brake shoes on both sides, two weeks later, same thing. This time I replaced the rubber hoses on both sides. Yesterday, the same thing. Truck would barely move and the brake pedal was extremely hard. Went to Wally World and shopped. Truck sat for about an hour. Went to leave and the pedal went all the way to the floor with very little brakes. Drove it for about 5 minutes and brakes were fine. I am at loss on what to do next. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Feb 17, 2013 at 9:12 PM
    BamaToy1997

BamaToy1997 Wheel Bearing Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4X4 AKA "Blue Beast"
    best wheel bearings around! www.marionbumper2bumper.com
    Seen this many times on several different vehicles. It is usually one of two things, either the master cylinder sticking, or the brake booster binding is binding or the booster adjustment rod nut is loose.

3. Feb 18, 2013 at 9:50 AM
    mykljo

mykljo [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Ozark Mtns
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma 4x4
    Thank you, the master cylinder was is what I was going to replace next. I'll let ya know if that fixes the problem. I have never had this much trouble with a problem.

Thank you,

Products Discussed in

To Top