1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Front Differential Vibration

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mudntrailco, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Oct 14, 2011 at 6:17 PM
    mudntrailco

mudntrailco [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Westminster,CO
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco
    Racerunner Coilovers with 700# Eibach upgrade TRD Cold Air Trailmaster AAL with 1" block and TSB springs 4" travel 5100's
    I'm new to TacomaWorld. Managed to hook up with some members for a trail ride in the snow last week. Great time! Here's what I've learned about the Tacoma front differential and A-trac. When wheeling in the snow, or in a slippery condition, the A-trac will grab the brakes and end up stopping the vehicle from climbing. Not such a bad thing, but there is enough freeplay in the front differential that this can and now has caused marks in the bearing races in the front diff for the second differential the factory has replaced. So now at 30 to 40 mph I have a vibration again that goes away instantly when I throw it in 4WD. Anyone out there know a way to fix this for good? I appreciate the factory stepping up to replace the first diff, and soon the second one, but I really want to go wheeling and not worry about things like this! Ideas?

2. Oct 14, 2011 at 6:28 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon Musk Moderator

Member:
    Haha u met us last weekend over at Billmoore?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318642077.786728.jpg

3. Oct 14, 2011 at 6:30 PM
    T-Rex266

Member:
    If you need a local mechanic let me know. He did my lift and 95% of my mods. In fact, he's done quite a few of the guys repairs, mods, etc. here is a link to the CO BS forum - the other drivers u met are on this as well.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131441

4. Oct 14, 2011 at 6:53 PM
    mudntrailco

mudntrailco [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Westminster,CO
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco
    Racerunner Coilovers with 700# Eibach upgrade TRD Cold Air Trailmaster AAL with 1" block and TSB springs 4" travel 5100's
    Yeah, it was cool running into more tacos up there. Looking forward to getting out with you guys more. I'm still under warranty for the differential problem, so it's the factory tha's buying for now. Thank God Stevinson West does good warranty work. The last differential fixed it for 10,000 miles. I've taken the lift down to stock height and it doesn't correct, so it's not just due to the angles from the lift. Want to find a better long term solution for this before I do gears and do give up the warranty.

5. Oct 14, 2011 at 7:21 PM
    T-Rex266

Member:
    That's strange man. I haven't heard of that issue before

Products Discussed in

To Top