1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Front End Solid Axle Swap

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by haneyjbh, Dec 17, 2007.

1. haneyjbh

haneyjbh [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2001 extended cab 4X4 stock
    JBA cat back stainless exhaust, and rear view mirror air freshiner. Misc URD parts
    I have been looking into a front solid axle swap for a 2001 Tacoma. A company by the name 'Front Range' makes one for $250.00 But you have to get all the parts. If you have good resources you could probaly do the swap for the same price as a Fabtech or a Pro -Comp suspension Kit. I basicly have an idea Just some second oppinions would be good to hear.

2. ForeRunner

ForeRunner BBC. Bring Back Clarkson Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    East Bay, CA
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail Edition
  3. maverick491

maverick491 Towing Guru

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Access Cab, TRD off road, 6 cyl, 6 spd
    Activator III brake controller, Extang Fulltilt toneau, Factory bed mat, Extra D-rings in the bed, 2ndary air filter removed, Garmin Ique GPS, Eco-2, AFE Pro Dry-s filter, USASPEC PA12-toy, Pioneer 3-way speakers, SG II on Blendmount, Gulf States Alarm added.
    PM 350tacozilla. I believe he even has everything that you would need listed in the buy/sell/trade section on here.

4. 350TacoZilla

350TacoZilla Well-Known Member

Member:
    Clear Spring MD
    2.7L 3RZ,K&N filter, 4" deck plate mod,flowmaster 40 series,3" body lift,3" suspension lift,35's. I also have another tacoma a 97 with a 350 small block in it on a 1972 blazer frame...
    (corny sales music is qued) yes I happen to have a great deal of the parts involved...lol.... and the sale price for today only is... jk I have dana44 drivers drop,brakelines,steering box,shock hoops,front springs,steering shaft ... probably have something else...cant think of it but seems like I left something out

5. Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2007 4.0L 4x4 TRD Sport Access Cab A
    Advantage Torza top (tri-fold), Husky floor mats, RuffTuff seat covers, C2C hood struts, Homelink mirror, USA Spec PA15-Toy (120gig Classic & 8gig nano), Garmin Nuvi 660, Protecta Bed mat, Pop-n-lock, TSB Springs, Scangauge II, Heated drivers seat, Fumoto drain valve, Aries pushbar, PIAA 540 fog lights, Hood scoop grahics, Flowmaster 50 series dual catback exhaust, RainX Latitude windshield wipers, Husky rear floor liner (ontop of folded down seats). Console Vault.
  6. 350TacoZilla

Member:
    Clear Spring MD
    2.7L 3RZ,K&N filter, 4" deck plate mod,flowmaster 40 series,3" body lift,3" suspension lift,35's. I also have another tacoma a 97 with a 350 small block in it on a 1972 blazer frame...
    why would you send a poor guy there? I belong to the website over there but might have 3 or 4 posts...I'm rather ask my tacoma for help installing a nuclear electric plant then ask those guys what corn chips they eat

7. Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    Advantage Torza top (tri-fold), Husky floor mats, RuffTuff seat covers, C2C hood struts, Homelink mirror, USA Spec PA15-Toy (120gig Classic & 8gig nano), Garmin Nuvi 660, Protecta Bed mat, Pop-n-lock, TSB Springs, Scangauge II, Heated drivers seat, Fumoto drain valve, Aries pushbar, PIAA 540 fog lights, Hood scoop grahics, Flowmaster 50 series dual catback exhaust, RainX Latitude windshield wipers, Husky rear floor liner (ontop of folded down seats). Console Vault.
    It's the best place for information regarding solid axle swaps. There are more folks over there who've done them than probably anywhere else (cept Pirate - and that's a hell-of-a-lot worse than TTORA).

It's not a bad place if you can get past the immaturity. I've been logging in there since 99....was a huge part of TTORA and PA TTORA and got all my experience through that association. Surely - it's not the same as it used to be but there ARE good people there whom are willing to help especially with solid axle information.

8. 350TacoZilla

Member:
    Clear Spring MD
    yeah there are good guys everywhere (even on here lol) guess I'm just bias on it since i have never got a good response or seen a gstraight answer given over there.... most guys that ask a question like what type of oil chould I use in diff.? will get and answer that ranges from a single word answer like dipshit or faggot....to a long drawn out attempt to make the person feel like a jackass for not knowing everything... seen that one on there and tried to help the guy out but I dont think he logged in ever again

9. Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    You're gonna get that BS on all forums.

This forum is smaller and thus the overall amount of idiots is less. TTORA used to be a cool place when it was smaller. Back in 99 - it was only for Tacomas and the tacoma was only 4 years in production = less people. Now? TTORA is for ALL Toyota 4WD's and 12 years worth of production. That's a lot of people and a lot of idiots.

To Top