1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Front end thud when hitting bumps

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Judicar, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Jan 7, 2017 at 7:55 PM
    Judicar

Judicar [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD OR DCSB
    Good evening TacomaWorld folks,

I developed what appears to be a bit of a, for a lack of a better word, thud under my floorboard when I go over bumps. I can feel it in my foot and I can also hear it. To me, an amateur gearhead at best, it feels and sounds like a loose suspension issue. I crawled under the truck the other day and discovered the sway bar end link on my passenger side was a bit loose. I tightened it up but the thud was still there. Today I jacked up the front end, pulled both front tires off the truck and tried to tighten said end link even more but it wouldn't budge. I couldn't even loosen it so I could re-tighten it. I suppose it's on tight enough. Since I also had my skid plate off, I grabbed both say bar end links, both sides of the sway bar and both struts and tried to shake them but nothing budged. I also checked the driver side sway bar end link and it was on super tight. Checked both UCA bolts connecting them to the frame and both top strut mounts. All tight. I'm at the point now that perhaps I'm imaging everything and this slight thud is normal or maybe it's my hood, or tailgate, or mounted hi-lift jack or something along those lines.

In case I'm not totally imaging it and/or it isn't the aforementioned items, what else do you folks think I could check to rule out?

2. Jan 8, 2017 at 4:42 PM
    Rambo54

Rambo54 TacomaBob

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Eustis,FL
    Vehicle:
    2013 Nautical Blue Metalic Tacoma PreRunner DCLB
    Many !
    Replace Bump Stops with Prothane Polyurethane Front Bump Stops ! I Did, It worked !

Products Discussed in

To Top