1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Front receiver hitch with SAS?

Discussion in 'Solid Axle Suspension' started by burntkat, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Aug 28, 2018 at 4:27 PM
    burntkat

burntkat [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phillip
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    97 Extracab Tacoma
    Folks-

I'm having a bit of trouble finding a front receiver hitch for a 97 Tacoma, then realized it might be an interference with the spring hanger of an SAS.

Anyone that has a SAS have insight into this?

2. Aug 28, 2018 at 9:55 PM
    burntkat

burntkat [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phillip
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    97 Extracab Tacoma
    I'm looking to see if there is a product out there for a 97 Tacoma. Full stop.

Additionally, it occurred to me that it may interfere with a SAS. Did Toyota make the truck SAS, no. But that's something that I am going to do to this truck in the next few years.

I am quite aware I can build a hitch. I can and have built SAS after all. However, given that I could use a front receiver, now, on my stock Tacoma, and am having trouble finding one, I was wondering if anyone knew of one being available. If there is one available, I wondered if it would interfere with a future SAS.

Basically it all comes down to what I asked, which I will now ask another way. "Is there a front receiver hitch available for early first gen Tacomas. If so, does it interfere with SAS vehicles?"

I just didn't see any sense in building something that might already be available, if I didn't have to. I didn't mean to be unclear, hopefully this is more clear (though much less succinct).

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    Running Board Man likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top