1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Front SKid removal on a Sport.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by glennv, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Nov 1, 2009 at 6:02 PM
    glennv

glennv [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I need to install a front hitch and was wondering if the skid plate provides any real protection anyway. Also, is there another skid underneath the outer. I thought I read there was a smaller one underneath.

2. Nov 1, 2009 at 6:04 PM
    Hoyal

Hoyal Whiskey bent and hell bound.

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    N 39.2249 W -106.16974
    Vehicle:
    2000 4runner
    OME 3 inch suspension lift Toytec 1in body lift Rodger brown diff drop ARB front bumper Big tires, but want bigger! :) Xrc 8000 winch Hella3000 lights Deck plate mod Diff breather relocate Cb radio 1st gen roll bar Addicted sliders Spider trax wheel spacers.
    You should take it off and send it to me :) If you have the aluminum one its pretty much just for looks its not very strong and you do have another underneath it. But I like the look of the aluminum one.

3. Nov 1, 2009 at 6:10 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    There is the Optional skid plate (crap):
    [​IMG]
    and then the plate that sits below that one and protects the front of the engine and radiator from mud and road debris.

I think the first one needs to come off...and you aren't losing anything.

If you like that one...You can look up CBI Fabrication-They make a front reciever that goes inside the stock bumper- Comes thru the vents in the front of the bumper cover.

To Top