1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FS: 01 Tacoma SR5V6

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by kl3640, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Jun 4, 2008 at 11:08 PM
    kl3640

kl3640 [OP] New Member

Member:
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma SR5V6 Ext Cab 5-Speed
    Line-X bedliner, US Rack 2-chock motorcycle retention system, EZ-Ramp tri-fold bed-extender/ramp combo, Class III hitch
    FS: 2001 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 Xtra Cab 4WD, 5-spd
    FEATURES: 5-spd, 4wd (Shift on the Fly 4WD, 4Hi/4Lo, clutch-start safety disengage option), Xtra Cab (2 bucket seats in front, two forward-facing "jump seats" w/seatbelts in the rear of the Xtra Cab), Pwr Windows/Locks, CD/Cassette/AM-FM, AC, Pwr Steering/Brakes, Tilt Steering Column, Class-III hitch w/wiring harness & connector, 3 x 12V charging outlets, armrest/storage center console, tinted windows, Line-X spray-on bed-liner, dual airbags w/passenger airbag deactivation switch, US Rack motorcycle rack & bed-extender/ramp.
    MILEAGE: 111k miles, about 70%/30% highway/city miles.
    COLOR: Metallic Light Beige (champagne?) exterior, light-tan cloth interior with carpet & matching Toyota fitted rubber floormats.
    HISTORY: Owned always by 1 family - My brother-in-law bought it new, then I bought it from him. Never in an accident, never flooded, never stolen, never any significant damage. No liens. No outstanding tickets or fines.
    TITLE STATUS: Clean and Clear, In Hand. VIN provided upon request for verification of title status and vehicle history via CarFax or other service.
    PRICE: Asking $9,670 with the rack and ramp. Will consider selling it without those accessories for a lower price. Delivery not included in this price.

CONTACT: email: srajan01 AT gsb DOT columbia DOT edu (avoiding spam-bots, substitute @ for AT and . for DOT) if interested. Vehicle located in South Florida (Delray Beach, FL, in Palm Beach County, about 30 min North of Ft. Lauderdale), and will be shown by appointment only.

VEHICLE SUMMARY

This is a very clean truck with a lot of life left in it. Purchased brand-new in 2001 by my brother-in-law, then by my from him in 2006 with 85k miles.

I've always had it serviced by Toyota on schedule for everything from oil changes to minor services to major services to repairs (the one time it ever needed a repair).

All systems function well with no problems. It also has very few cosmetic issues, especially for a vehicle that's 7 years old, let alone the fact that it's a pickup truck.

I hate to see this truck go because it's such a good vehicle (reliable, efficient, strong, and good looking) and I'll never be able to replace it without spending a lot of money, but I need something larger to be able to tow a big trailer that I want to buy.

INTERIOR/EXTERIOR & MECHANICAL CONDITION:

Color is that Toyota silver/beige (I think it's called Champagne?), with black trim (over the fenders and on top of the bumpers), black bed-liner including over the rails, chrome bumpers. Exterior is in great shape except for:

1) Two small scratches in the tailgate (about 3-4" long, 1/2" wide each).
    2) There is a very minor rock ding on the passenger side, behind the door, on the side of the Xtra Cab section, but it's not creased and didn't even penetrate the paint. It's not really visible unless pointed out.
    3) There is a small, golf-ball sized dent in the rear bumper.
    4) There is a very tiny chip in the windshield (about the size of a pin-head).

All of these imperfections are easily repaired.

The interior is in very good condition except for:

1) There is also a small imperfection in the roof liner above the driver's door window, about 1/2" long, 1/4" wide.
    2) A small stain about the size of a pea in the cloth of the driver's door above the handle.
    3) The plastic latch to the driver's side rear window (that is used to "flip" that vent-window open/closed) is cracked, but the window stays shut once closed. I just haven't bought a replacement latch from Toyota yet, but it's a small, relatively inexpensive item.
    4) The rubber cover to the clutch pedal fell off and it's a very tight fit, so I just haven't spent the time to slip it back over the clutch pedal yet.

Other than that, everything interior and exterior is great, with just regular wear as might be expected, perhaps even better than might be expected for an '01 pickup-truck. I always keep liquid-proof seat covers on the seats so the interior upholstery is in very good shape, and I clean it regularly to prevent the accumulation of dirt and grime. I recently had the headlights polished, so they're as clear as when they were new. I also wash and wax the exterior regularly to keep the finish clean and prevent it from oxidizing. There is no significant rust on the bodywork, or underneath from what I can see (keeping in mind that I haven't put it on a lift to examine for rust, but at the last service the Toyota mechanic I asked said that it looked clean underneath). I also had the undercarriage washed after every major snow-storm when there might be salt on the road. Even the rocker panels and front of the hood are in great condition without a lot of chips or rock-dings.

The factory AM-FM Stereo/CD/Cassette functions perfectly, and the sound quality is excellent. No electrical "noise" or static or any interference, no distortion from the speakers (even at higher volume levels), no "buzzing" or other noise.

Bed has Line-X spray in black bedliner and US Rack system in the front, which includes two wheel chocks to help hold up bikes while loading them by ones self (can be adapted for bicycles OR motorcycles, or other equipment - visit http://www.usrack.com/motorcycle_rack.shtml for more info), and extra tie-down points for tie-downs, including one in the middle (very handy).

Also includes a combination bed-extender/ramp ((visit http://www.usrack.com/motorcycle_rack.shtml for more info). I use this when hauling bikes to both load/unload the bikes and to give me extra room in the bed (on the tailgate) for more carrying room.

I will consider lowering the price and selling the truck without the rack and extender/ramp.

Class III hitch w/4-way flat wiring harness installed.

I've hauled a two bikes in the back with gear, a 12 foot trailer with 2 bikes and a lot of gear, and stuff in the cab (in the back seat area) for over 1,000 miles each way, and the truck pulls easy, stops strong, no problems. Didn't do too much towing with it, only 2 trips, but enough to know that it tows like a champ.

The transmission is in very good shape, with no clutch slippage whatsoever, a strong friction-point, and easy, smooth shifting with no griding or other funny noises.

All systems function well, including the radio/CD/cassette, cruise control, heater/AC/fans/vents, power windows/locks, etc.

Engine and all systems run great, no oil leaking or burning, no other fluids leaking. In fact, I checked the oil after the 2nd to last oil change and then right before the last one, and the oil was at the same exact level and still somewhat golden in color, and that's at almost the recommended interval!

The 4WD works great (I had it in Park City for a few months this past Winter and it was awesome in the snow). Includes shift-on-the-fly electronic 4WD, as well as 4WD Lo and 4WD Hi. It also has a clutch-start safety disengage to be able to move the car on the starter, for extreme off-road situations, I guess (at least that's what the manual states as its purpose).

MAINTENANCE HISTORY:
    Truck always maintained by Toyota, including major service (timing belt, etc., at <90K), brakes done in the last 25K, two newer tires, 2 a little older but still good tread. Oil changed regularly according to Toyota service intervals.

Only unexpected problem ever was the check-engine light came on, and the throttle body was very dirty which affected the O2 sensor. I had the whole throttle-body replaced, just to be on the safe side. The condition lasted for 1 week before I had the throttle body replaced, so maybe 200 miles total were driven between when the light came on the first time (it was intermittent) and the throttle body was replaced.

I can probably get the maintenance history from Toyota for interested buyers.

PICTURES:

I have a couple of pictures of it loaded up from a previous trip, but I don't know if I have any of it unloaded.

OK, the first pic is the truck with the 12 ft trailer, so you can see what it tows:
    [​IMG]
    The second pic is the front of the truck, for an idea of its looks:
    [​IMG]
    The third pick shows the bed extender in action (this extender comes off and becomes a ramp for loading/unloading - works really well); also, you can get an idea of the suspension by looking at how little it sags with 1000# of motorcycles and a couple of hundred pounds of other gear in the bed, plus a few hundred pounds of gear in the cab):
    [​IMG]
    The fourth pic shows the bed rail, with the wheel of the bike in the chock and the closest tie down going to one of the additional tie-down points (the bed liner is also visible on the bed-rails and also the inside surfaceof the tailgate):
    [​IMG]
    The fifth pic shows the bed rail system from an the mfr's website (note the wheel cradle-style chocks and the extra tie-down points...they come in handy):
    [​IMG]
    The sixth pic shows the bed extender/ramp in use as a ramp (note that this is the full size ramp in this picture, where as the compact one that comes with this truck for is shorter than the one in this picture):
    [​IMG]

I don't have any interior shots, but the inside is clean. Will send interior pics on request.

Products Discussed in

To Top