1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FS: 05-11 Tacoma Cooling Panel's

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by Matt123, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Aug 2, 2014 at 1:31 PM
    Bre2tSco2t

Bre2tSco2t Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Bedrug, Access Limited Tonneau, Tailgate Clamp, Manual Pop&Lock Keyed and Painted to Match, Westin 3" Nerf Bars, 20" Chrome Wheels.
    I'm In, Waiting for the 2012 Model!

2. Aug 5, 2014 at 2:58 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Here's some crappy fon pics.......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Aug 5, 2014 at 3:15 AM
    DrFunker

DrFunker Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nice. Really looks like it should be there. I ordered mine. Can't wait to get it in. Really useful item for the bay.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  4. Aug 5, 2014 at 3:58 AM
    TonkaToyTaco

TonkaToyTaco Hope you can run faster than 965 FPS

Member:
    First Name:
    Louie
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD DCLB 4X4
    Fox 2.0 Coilovers cranked up with JBA UCA, Rear OME 2" leaf pack with Ride Rite air bags, SCS Steath 6 matte black rims wrapped in 285/75/17 Cooper ST MAXX, Blacked out emblems, Debaged tailgate, Tinted windows (5% in rear, 5% up front and 40% on windsheild), Retro color matched HID headlights with Amber Halo, Projector LED Foglight, Custom LED Taillight and 3rd brake light, T-Rex 2 eyelids color matched, Fog light anytime MOD, All LED interior and exterior ligths, Volant CAI With forced Ram, JET throttle body spacer, Aero Turbine SS Muffler, Aero Turbine SS 4inch tip dumped after axel, URD MAF Calibrator, LED bed lights, 4X4 light mod, Satoshi Grill with matching scoop and lower Valance, 20" LED bar and 2 LED Pods behind Satoshi, Diff breather mod, Sea Blu secondary fuse box with 100A breaker, Outlaw Train Horns with dual Air Compressors and 5 Gal tank, Ultraguage, Andre Devil Horns, Pedal Commander
  5. Aug 5, 2014 at 8:28 AM
    tennisbum132

tennisbum132 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 DCLB
    Full LED upgrade from csjumper2003, Andre's Devil Horns Emblem, Coupe's TRD Battery Tie-down, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Scangauge II, Trailer Harness Relocation Bracket, Snugtop Rebel Cap
    Marked for 2013 Version!

6. Aug 5, 2014 at 6:38 PM
    Alloutdrs1

Alloutdrs1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    12' Mag gray Doublecab 4x4
    Distinct Offroad light bar, Rigid E-series and amber duallys, Leer 100xq, Oem roof rack, Oem bed mat, Bullculla trailer plug relocate bracket, Rear diff vent mod, front mud flap chop, Color matched Grille w/Andres devil horns, Wet okoles and weathertechs
    subd for 2012 version

7. Aug 6, 2014 at 4:02 AM
    Mach375

Mach375 Habitual Violator of Wheeling Rule #2

Member:
    First Name:
    Sathington "Alowicious Devadander Abercrombie" Willoughby (but you can call me Mud)
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCLB 4x4 TRD Sport
    Too much to list, but enough to get me in trouble. Repeatedly.
    Apologies if I missed it, but I didn't see pricing anywhere. Or lead time, ordering info, etc. I'd love to jump on this......

8. Aug 6, 2014 at 4:40 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  9. Aug 6, 2014 at 6:14 AM
    Chopper678

Chopper678 Professional Threadjacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    '07 SR5 PreRunner V6 DCSB
    5100s@0.85"+Eibachs, Toytec 2" AAL, Weathertech floor liners, WO seat covers, UltraGauge, ammo box mod
    If anyone in this thread has an UltraGauge and ScanGauge, would you please use the Engine Temp Gauge and try to find out the temperature difference at speed? To clarify I am not debunking the product if it doesn't "cool" and it is still a useful and aesthetically pleasing mod. Just wanting to know because I may be doing some mods that increase Engine Temp.

10. Aug 6, 2014 at 6:34 AM
    DrFunker

DrFunker Well-Known Member

Member:
    I would be interested in this as well.
    :rolleyes:

11. Aug 6, 2014 at 7:14 AM
    Mach375

Member:
    First Name:
    Sathington "Alowicious Devadander Abercrombie" Willoughby (but you can call me Mud)
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCLB 4x4 TRD Sport
    Yes, links help.
    However...
    This is posted in the BST section, which has rules specifically stating that a price must be included in the post. There is no price posted.
    Also, it's a single item, so naturally one would expect a price in the posting. If it were a vendor thread with multiple items listed, then a link might suffice.
    Everyone else posting similar products has been able to include a price within the post...
    Not trying to be a dick. Just pointing out the obvious. :)

12. Aug 6, 2014 at 7:20 AM
    Mach375

Member:
    First Name:
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCLB 4x4 TRD Sport
    I run Torque Pro through my phone via Bluetooth dongle in my OBD2. While I don't have this product yet, I'll weigh in with my $.02, based on similar observations.

Airflow over the radiator isn't going to affect readable engine temps because there are enough controls (mainly the thermostat) that keep it within a very narrow operating range. So the engine won't "run cooler," but rather will take longer to overheat because the radiator will be working more efficiently. So this product would, if it does as it's insinuating it does (I tend to believe it would, albeit marginally), allow more headroom for temps......the ability to run longer and harder before temps start getting too high. But not cooler.

13. Aug 6, 2014 at 7:48 AM
    johnhsmith971

johnhsmith971 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    NC
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    Plasti-dip badges, TRD vented hood, Any-time fog, 2012 LED tail lights, Pioneer AVH touch screen radio, 6000K HID fogs, 2 1/2" leveling kit
    I want one of bp's mesh toyota grills but I can't afford it right now. Nice stuff man.

14. Aug 6, 2014 at 8:57 AM
    Chopper678

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    5100s@0.85"+Eibachs, Toytec 2" AAL, Weathertech floor liners, WO seat covers, UltraGauge, ammo box mod
    Thanks for volunteering! What do you mean they keep it within a narrow operating range? The outcomes you claim are just as useful to me. What I meant earlier when talking about a mod that will run the engine hotter, is putting plexiglass in front/behind the grille as part of a series of aerodynamics modifications. A "grille block" if you will. The idea is from here.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/new-members/329390-first-tacoma.html

He (and others who do this mod elsewhere) have claimed it will only be an issue in the worst conditions, i.e. towing uphill in summer.

15. Aug 6, 2014 at 9:58 PM
    csjumper2003

csjumper2003 Jumper's Leds Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2014 SSM Trd Off Road 4x4 Auto
    Anything on the 12-14s yet

16. Aug 7, 2014 at 6:48 AM
    ACEkraut

ACEkraut Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Topsham, Maine
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRD Off Road
    I will take a stab at this. The thermostat will always work to maintain a range of temperature with a pre-determined temp it opens at and closes at. At cold start it will remain closed until it gets to the high range then open until the temp is lowered to the temp it is designed to close at. The process continually repeats with the thermostat partially opening as necessary to regulate the temp.

Thermostats are sold with different "on" and "off" temps for use in different motors and situations.

In cold climates the radiator is sometimes partially or completely blocked to boost engine temps. Your interior heater can also act partially to dissipate heat like a radiator, even in summertime if you need a little extra cooling.

I am dating myself but that was the situation in the movie Cannonball Run where a team racing had to blow hot air into the interior to keep racing across the country.

17. Aug 7, 2014 at 6:56 AM
    Boomtacoma01

Boomtacoma01 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Houston

Obviously you didnt begin at post #1 where the prices are listed

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  18. Aug 7, 2014 at 8:46 AM
    Chopper678

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    Okay, I understand. So do you think running a grille block would cause the engine to run hot enough to become an issue? I am not planning to get anywhere near having to turn on the heat, if the block causes that much heat I will not use it. I don't tow much since high school ended, just the occasional haul. Usually 60MPH on the highway, I am very light on the truck now days.

19. Aug 7, 2014 at 10:18 AM
    ACEkraut

ACEkraut Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Topsham, Maine
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRD Off Road
    Wellll, looking at your location, you live in Texas, and it is my understanding that it can get quite hot there. I would not recommend covering the the grille. I have just taken a look at the thread that you linked regarding the guy who is trying to get his truck to achieve pretty remarkable gas mileage. One of his posts was that he had to open up some of his blocking material since his engine was getting too hot, and he lives in Michigan. Looking at the high temp for that day in Detroit it was 79 degrees. What is the average temp for your location? Keep in mind his mods are for the purpose of reducing drag on his truck where as this cooling panel is designed to force more air across the radiator, allowing for more efficient cooling. Really the goal is the opposite for these two threads since if you are trying to reduce drag by covering the grille openings then there will be no air flow across the radiator and the cooling panel will have no air to move more efficiently across the radiator.

And we should probably move this discussion over to a new thread at this point so we do not take over the thread that is trying to sell something.

20. Aug 7, 2014 at 11:41 AM
    luka

luka Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner -> 4WD Converted
    Pelfreybilt, Warn, BAMF, DTRL toggle on/off, FJ OEM Fog/Aux Light switches, 2012 lower center console swap, wired in auto-dimming rear view mirror, Wet-Okole inside, Weathertech , Rigid, Tint, Roto-Pax, Bestop, OME, Extended SS brake lines, TRD TX Pro/Baja Graphite 16" Rims
    from sea level to maybe 1100ft going over the hill on my daily drive, my temp will top out around 205F...

I don't have this cooling plate in my truck, but I do have one in my car and i've noticed the engine temp is much lower. At night around 70F driving around 70mph on a flat road, my engine temp is barely registering on the dash, and my ultraguage shows it around 150F when normal operating temps is more around 190-210F.

During the day if I let it coast down a hill, i'll see the temp slowly drop.

Products Discussed in

To Top