1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FS: 2012 TRD TX Pro Double Cab 4x4 - White

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by Sharky, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Sep 30, 2012 at 9:50 AM
    Sharky

Sharky [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    White '12 DCSB TX Pro (also retired)
    Handicap Parking Permit
    For those who don't want to read through the book at the top. I'm asking $30,500 from a board member. Trade in offers are right at $30,000 plus I get the sales tax incentive, so if I wanted to deal with a dealer I'd realistically be looking at getting a Yaris and like $16-18,000 cash back if I wanted to do so and wouldn't have to pay any taxes, since I already paid taxes on a 2012. Books at 33,800 or so, trade-in without add-ons is $29,850. So I think $30,500 is a steal and a half. This would give me enough to pay it off, and enough extra cash to buy a car with cash so that I could still have some wheels to track down another job and such, but not be straddled with a car payment. All I'm looking for is enough for an econobox or an AMERICAN sedan (YIKES!!!!). Thanks all. I've appreciated the feedback and nice words from all of you. By the way... this is nearly identical to the Baja in all options (I think the Baja has slightly different shocks... as they have the overflow thing). Other than that, it's the same, and they are going for $35,000+ used.

2. Sep 30, 2012 at 9:59 AM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    I know the feeling! Except I had to quit instead of getting fired. Have you tried Toyota Nation, Craigslist, and AutoTrader?

3. Oct 2, 2012 at 10:32 AM
    Sharky

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Handicap Parking Permit
    I've used a local tv/radio site called KSL.COM that has the most views of any online classifieds in the area. I'll try Autotrader next. Craigslist is kind of dead around here due to KSL owning the classifieds market. Thanks for the tips.

It's funny though... I had a car on KSL and Autotrader once for 3 months and then put it on Craigslist and sold it in an hour. It was kind of funny. I think Craigslist has so few vehicles on it here that sometimes people from outside of the area see an actual good deal and they jump on it because there are only 2 or 3 cars listed there. So maybe I'll give it a go.

It looks like I overlooked the fact that my teaching license is still valid. I guess I can go teach elementary school again and keep the Taco if I want. Yippeeeee yahooey! ;)

4. Oct 4, 2012 at 1:23 AM
    dwntwnall4u

dwntwnall4u Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 Dbl cab Auto
    Still avaliable?

5. Oct 4, 2012 at 7:26 AM
    Sharky

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Handicap Parking Permit
    Yes, I'm not desperate to sell it. I'm going to work again this week it appears. It's always good to have a fallback I guess. Thanks to my dad for giving me the advice when he was still around. It probably makes more sense for me to sell it anyway though. I don't need such a nice vehicle, nor do I deserve one. I am sure there are many more people here that deserve such a nice truck, and I'd feel good about getting somebody a deal on it so they didn't have to deal with a dealer. This is a $36,000+ truck 1,300 miles ago with my factory extras. So I don't think I'm asking for any crazy amount of money. In fact, it's pretty ridiculously low priced. :)

6. Oct 21, 2012 at 1:59 AM
    Sharky

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Handicap Parking Permit
    Figured I'd update this post. Now has 1500 miles on it (had to drive to Salt Lake City for a couple of visits with the doctor). Still in mint condition. I'm willing to drive about anywhere in the state to meet up if you want to make a deal (as long as we can figure out a ride home for me in advance).

My new thought is a 2008 Trail Teams FJ (which I've mentioned all along), but how about a 2009-2013 iceberg white FJ with 4x4, A/T and upgrade package #3? Then I can do a semi-Trail Teamish clone for fun. It would be a fun project for my son and I, plus I'd get a newer FJ with the engine I prefer and bluetooth and such. So if you have the white FJ that would work for what I have in mind. Don't wait too long. I'm bound to change my mind yet again. This would be a perfect first build-up or my son (who is 9) and myself since it's mostly cosmetic (except for the suspension and depending on what exhaust comes on the FJ we got.

We'll see... again, send any offers my way. Let's figure something out. You buy mine... I buy your FJ right back (or I'd still take a 4Runner sport with a V8 as long as it's gray, medium blue, or white!). :)

7. Oct 21, 2012 at 6:26 AM
    matt636

matt636 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central, IL
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport 4x4 DCSB Inferno
  8. Oct 23, 2012 at 5:22 PM
    rubenc87

rubenc87 Cobra

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma DCSB 4x4
    DTRL,HID's, Redline Elite Hood Struts,IVD Coilovers and Rear Shocks W/ Ext. Res.,N-FAB Light Bar W/ KC Titanium Lights, Alcan AAL,Wet Okole's, URD T.C.A.I. M/T Classic Lock's BFG AT, Chrome TC UCA'S,TRD Exhaust, Bed Mat,Painted Roof Rack,Access LE,Weathertech's F&R,P&L Lock
    I am currently looking for a similar truck but I am in Texas and was going to trade in an '09 Tacoma (in my signature ).

9. Feb 9, 2013 at 8:26 PM
    Sharky

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Handicap Parking Permit
    Back on the market. Now has 2,800 miles on it. Still in mint condition. Willing to negotiate on price. I'm going to buy a cheap-o sedan. I got sick again and would be wise to sell. Have had 2 surgeries since Christmas. Better to move it now. This is one sweet truck. All broken in according to manufacturer's specs. Runs perfect. Cleaned constantly. Used 4x4 once on a snowy day, and it was amazing. Never used for towing, etc. All freeway miles.

10. Feb 9, 2013 at 8:40 PM
    Cmurder

Cmurder 2011 TX TRD Offroad

Member:
    First Name:
    B.C.
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2011 TX TRD Offroad
    nothing cool
    Dude, ill bump ya just cuz I remember when ya first posted it for sale. If I hadn't already bought mine I would've seriously considered making an offer. Gook luck man.

11. Feb 10, 2013 at 12:57 AM
    rubenc87

rubenc87 Cobra

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma DCSB 4x4
    DTRL,HID's, Redline Elite Hood Struts,IVD Coilovers and Rear Shocks W/ Ext. Res.,N-FAB Light Bar W/ KC Titanium Lights, Alcan AAL,Wet Okole's, URD T.C.A.I. M/T Classic Lock's BFG AT, Chrome TC UCA'S,TRD Exhaust, Bed Mat,Painted Roof Rack,Access LE,Weathertech's F&R,P&L Lock
    I ended up buying a '13 Tacoma. GLWS

12. Feb 10, 2013 at 10:22 AM
    Sharky

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Handicap Parking Permit
    Glad you guys were able to get into a Tacoma. They are incredible vehicles. Hopefully somebody is still looking.

13. Feb 20, 2013 at 5:38 PM
    Luder94

Luder94 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sharkey, you have a very nice truck! I'm looking for something just like this....color, options, AND price!

I'm hoping timing on my end works out on this if you're truck is still for sale. I need to unload a 2007 Highlander Hybrid first. If your Tacoma is still for sale, I'll look into unloading my wife-mobile to either a local Toyota dealer or CarMax.

14. Feb 21, 2013 at 6:07 PM
    Monster Coma

Monster Coma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Pittsburgh, PA/Houston, TX
    Sponsored by Mom and Dad
    If I had seen this before I bought my truck, I woulda made the flight out to pick it up.. GLWS op!

15. Feb 23, 2013 at 9:05 PM
    wolverine8

wolverine8 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    MV
    Vehicle:
    06 Sport 4X4 - SR5
    Stock
    Bump for a good guy and a good price!

16. Mar 11, 2013 at 8:03 AM
    Tayysere