1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FS: A.R.E. CX-series topper

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace' started by martz0r, Jun 17, 2011.

1. martz0r

martz0r [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hey guys, just signed up here to see if I could sell this for my dad. It's in good shape overall just some scratching one one side (circled in red) from storage. It's the Desert Sand Metallic color. Approx. 78"L x 66"W. The 2 windows on each side slide open and has a screen. Don't have the keys for it, sorry, but there is an auction on eBay right now for a handle w/ keys.

http://www.4are.com/product/cx/

Anyway, here are the pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We really don't want to ship this thing, so local pick up is preferred here in North Port, FL. Looking to get $350 OBO. PM me. Thanks!

2. whitetaco02

whitetaco02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    GA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4
    Tinted windows, stainless steel drop hitch, rear TSB, Marathon seat covers in Realtree AP camo, low profile chrome toolbox, husky liners front and back, debadged
    Where exactly is North port FL? Nevermind, just looked! You are way down there!!

I take it this is for a double cab shortbed 05-11 model? I see where you say the length but the model tag has SB on it??

I am possibly interested but live in Middle GA. Do you have the clamps for install? Light hook ups?

3. martz0r

martz0r [OP] New Member

Member:
    Yeah we are way down here, lol

Not sure exactly what model it came off, just going by the tag. Figured you Taco guys would be able to decode it.

I posted a couple more pics in the first posts more accurately showing the scrapes on the side and the wiring for the lights. Unfortunately we got it from a storage unit that we won in an auction and the person who stuffed it in there didn't have the mind to put a blanket underneath it before they started dragging it around. And we didn't get any clamps with it.

4. whitetaco02

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    GA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4
    Tinted windows, stainless steel drop hitch, rear TSB, Marathon seat covers in Realtree AP camo, low profile chrome toolbox, husky liners front and back, debadged
    Yeah, there isn't any "north" about where you are at unless you are talking in relation to Miami! lol

It looks like it is for a short bed but the dimensions you posted looks to be for a long bed.

It sucks cause the scratches don't matter. I would need to get it painted anyways!

5. martz0r

martz0r [OP] New Member

Member:
    What's that? Oh hey, your truck is talking to you- it says "take me on a road trip!" ;)

6. whitetaco02

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    GA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4
    Dude, that would be a long drive! lol

If you were local I would be all over it!

7. martz0r

martz0r [OP] New Member

Member:
    Anyone? Price is OBO!

8. whitetaco02

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    GA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4

Are you sure on the measurements? I wonder how expensive it would be to ship it?

9. JOEKEN

JOEKEN Active Member

Member:
    PSL, FL
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport
    Sorry to post on such an old thread. I just think it is funny I just bought this topper from a used car dealership in Venice, Fl. I paid $150 for it. It was on a red regular cab. Now I know how the scratches got there on the right side. It is currently at the body shop getting repainted to match my 2015 DCLB. Hopefully with the paint and a few new pieces of hardware replaced it will look as good as new for half the price.

To Top