1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FS: SnapTint Tint Kit for 05-09 DC

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by TenBeers, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Jun 11, 2009 at 5:22 PM
    TenBeers

TenBeers [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Wildwood, MO
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TRD Off Road Magnetic Gray
    Factory Roof Rack, Westin Tube Steps, AVS Bugflector and Wind Deflectors, RideRite Air Bags, Custom Bed Rack, CVT Roof-Top Tent, Weathertech Floor Mats, Redline Hood Supports, Pop-N-Lock Tailgate Lock, some stickers
    I tinted my windows years ago when I was apparently a lot less picky. I got really close this time, but the first window I got grit all along the bottom, and the second one was REALLY close but I had some cranial flatulence and cut the bottom too short. I'm giving up and getting it professionally done tomorrow, and they won't use my tint kit.

It's a pre-cut kit, and they sent me the wrong rear window type and are sending me the correct one as well as replacements for the ones I screwed up (I had to pay for my screwup though). So, I'll have tint for both types of windows (the 3-piece with sliding glass, and the single-piece). You would get both, along with the "tint kit" that includes a knife, scraper, squeegee, and a thingy to stuff the tint behind the weatherstrip.

This is the higher-quality HP True Grey tint with 40-67% heat block and 10-15% reflectivity with the following specs:

Front Windows: 50% - Very Light
    Back Windows: 35% - Light
    Rear Windshield: 20% - Medium

The kit cost me $100 without including the cost of replacement pieces. I'll part with it and ship it in the original packing tube for $60. PM me if interested . . .

To Top