1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fuel take-off port for parking heater?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mk5, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Apr 10, 2020 at 11:26 PM
    mk5

mk5 [OP] Probably wrong about this

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    '05 access cab 4x4
    Does anyone know if there's a fuel take-off port on the gas tank on the 2nd gens? Like, a place where I can access non-pressurized fuel without having to drill into the tank somehow?

I am thinking about getting a parking heater for next winter's camping adventures. It would be nice to just use gasoline from the main tank.

2. Apr 11, 2020 at 10:46 AM
    jbaker1976

jbaker1976 It's always Taco Tuesday

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    East TN
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR
    Camper shell with side windoors and bed slider, JL Audio Component Door Speakers, JL Audio Stealth box, Grill Craft Grill, Husky floor liners, Hondo Radio knobs, Predator steps, Remote Start, Pop N Lock, etc...
  3. Apr 11, 2020 at 11:33 AM
    mk5

mk5 [OP] Probably wrong about this

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    '05 access cab 4x4
    Yeah, I too have had one of the Chinese diesel parking heaters in my cart for some time!

I would really like to avoid the complexity of a second fuel system on the truck, but the cost is certainly appealing! $150 for the knock-off diesel heater, vs. $550 for the knock-off gas heater, vs. $1500 for the Webasto gas heater.

Even a 1 gallon diesel tank would provide several nights of heat, and would be pretty easy to hide under the bed. But without a whole evap system, well, I bet I'd be smelling diesel fuel in the camper. Nothing is going to beat the factory fuel tank, but I can't find any threads here where people talk about tapping into it.

4. Apr 11, 2020 at 3:25 PM
    jbaker1976

jbaker1976 It's always Taco Tuesday

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    East TN
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR
    Camper shell with side windoors and bed slider, JL Audio Component Door Speakers, JL Audio Stealth box, Grill Craft Grill, Husky floor liners, Hondo Radio knobs, Predator steps, Remote Start, Pop N Lock, etc...
    You nailed it. I don't want to smell gas, kerosene or diesel. Or burn my ass up while sleeping. Or die from fumes.
    Those cheap heaters have great reviews though. Only real complaint was the fuel pumps failed.

Products Discussed in

To Top