1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fuse Fix For Diff Lock

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by echo7, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Dec 19, 2011 at 1:49 PM

echo7 [OP] Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    04 PreRunner V6 TRD 2wd
    K&N Cold Air, Cat Back Dual
    Hey guys I have been searching for months on why my diff Lock quit working. The switch wouldn't illuminate, the light wouldn't come on, NOTHING!! I finally had it checked out while I was having my Nitto's put on, and guess what? Just a fuse. Like a dummy, I had moved a fuse 6 months back b/c I had another blow and needed a quick fix. Well, the one I pulled was the one labeled "4x4" under the dash. I figured that since my truck was 2wd, what would I need that for? Well for those of you that don't know, that also powers the Diff Lock.[​IMG] Sweet. Back in business. Just though It might be a useful piece of info for the 2wd guys.

Also, I found out that if you pull the dome light fuse, the electric locks won't work without the key in the on position. Weird........
  2. Feb 28, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Aspen Member

Nov 28, 2011
    New Mexico
    Tacoma, Double Cab, TRD Offroad, 2wd
    Fog light mod
    After few days and hours of troubleshooting and over 10hours of search on the internet and on this forum...

same thing just happens to me.

Totally forgot that I remove that fuse to use it on something else. Think it was on the trailer braking fuse.

Thanks to you, I found out what it was.
To Top