1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FX-R Retro progress...

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by AsianAnts, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Jul 10, 2011 at 10:45 PM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts [OP] just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Southern California (San Diego County)
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner TRD Sport L/B Grey Metallic
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    OH YUMMY!

:anonymous:

wait.. thats gross! who the heck would eat TREATS made of pigs faces?! thats just soo iono.... wow... and all the other strange parts??! sounds like canibals to me...

btw have you tried cow testicles? it tastes like balut

2. Jul 11, 2011 at 9:07 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    the other light that just needed yellow!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2011-07-09 16.29.57.jpg
    2011-07-09 16.30.17.jpg
    2011-07-09 19.43.23.jpg
    2011-07-09 19.59.34.jpg
    2011-07-09 20.48.54.jpg

3. Jul 11, 2011 at 9:08 PM
    Jerez

Jerez SoCal LED Dash Swap

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 2wd converted to 4wd
    Estock
    ^^^do my lights lol :cool:

4. Jul 11, 2011 at 9:13 PM
    08PRELB

08PRELB Don't Tread On Me

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner LB
    Toy Tech Ultimate Lift kit,Buildt Right UCA's 285/70/17 BFG AT, Camburg Spindles, BHLM, K&N, Flow Master 50, Spider Trax, URD MAF CAL, Satoshi Grill, any time fog mod, 20% tint, Katzkins Leather Interior, FX-R Projector Retro
    Lookin killer man cant wait to see them on your truck

5. Jul 11, 2011 at 9:21 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    got the parts?? ill help ya mister! got some xtra satin black spray paint and yellow paint if you ever wanna black out the bezel/reflector bowl and the dtrl/signal/reflector corner. (it'd have to be when i am up north.. kuz my oven here is too small -___- )

thanks!!!! i cant wait either.. i just need someone to help me aim the other light.. once aimed, i can finalize it and seal it up.. then install on truck...

6. Jul 16, 2011 at 4:14 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    tested the lights.. and the wiring was a pain in the ass!!!! the wires were annotated with high beam/low beam etc... but then in the package that TRS sent there was a note that said to not pay attention to those sticker annotations and instead go by what they listed... so i went by what they listed and come to find out about 1 1/2 hour later that it was wrong.....after checking connections, fuses, etc..., i then said screw it.. lets try to follow what the sticker on the harness said... after a few minutes of stripping some wires and testing, IT WORKED!!! everything works...

currently sealing the last headlight... afterwards, gonna go pick up some quick disconnects and clean up the wiring... :)

7. Jul 17, 2011 at 1:10 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    ill post description soon.. gotta run errands real fast..

EDIT:
    First pic was first aim all sealed up... bad bad bad... backed up the truck and my horizontal was jacked up!... left side low, right side rising. it got late soo i said screw it and saved it for sunday morning.... woke up sunday morning and opened it up, drilled a new hole, tessted the horizontal and it was great!... soo i sealed it up

Last 2 pics shows the aim at about 25ft... blue tape was where the stock light and the projectors up close to the wall... Aaron said it should be about 1 inch lower when you back up... soo i lowered it and thats the results!!!

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK!!!!!!! advice, info... let me know!! during driving, it seemed like both steps turned into 1 step and it was slightly left of the driver side... is that normal?? the light line is just above the license plate of an average sedan.. should be good to go right?? i didnt see no shiny mirrors and no one has flashed me yet ...heheh

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2011-07-16 21.31.38.jpg
    2011-07-17 12.13.25.jpg
    2011-07-17 12.13.47.jpg
    2011-07-17 12.14.05.jpg
    2011-07-17 12.14.45.jpg
    2011-07-17 12.15.29.jpg

8. Jul 17, 2011 at 4:53 PM
    08PRELB

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner LB
    Toy Tech Ultimate Lift kit,Buildt Right UCA's 285/70/17 BFG AT, Camburg Spindles, BHLM, K&N, Flow Master 50, Spider Trax, URD MAF CAL, Satoshi Grill, any time fog mod, 20% tint, Katzkins Leather Interior, FX-R Projector Retro
    Looking good man glad to see you finished every thing up. Did you get them aimed right yet?

9. Jul 17, 2011 at 9:32 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    ^^ updated!! i did aim em.. i hope they are right :p

10. Jul 17, 2011 at 9:36 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    wondering if i should have 1 step or 2 separate like how i hae it right now.

11. Jul 17, 2011 at 9:52 PM
    08PRELB

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner LB
    To properly aim your projectors you should park 25' away from a wall on flat ground. The cut off line should be levle and have a 2.1" to 2.5" drop from the hight of the headlight it self. Having the cut off line between 2.1" to 2.5" drop is DOT specs so you should be fine.

12. Jul 17, 2011 at 9:54 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    sweet.. what about the steps from each headlight?? should they be fused together?? or should they be separate as showed in the pics?

13. Jul 17, 2011 at 9:56 PM
    Jerez

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    Estock
    i want some now...:D

14. Jul 17, 2011 at 10:02 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    get the shiet yo.. im down to make some..just not here in fallbrook (small oven)

15. Jul 17, 2011 at 10:06 PM
    Jerez

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    Estock
    lol alright...maybe by oct ill have them up n running...:cool:

16. Jul 17, 2011 at 10:07 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    next year...u wont get it done before my LEDs ><

17. Jul 17, 2011 at 10:11 PM
    Jerez

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    Estock
    haha...good luck with that, r u going to want to swap the radio as well??

18. Jul 17, 2011 at 10:13 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    ......... u kno, i was thinking about that.. but no, not gonna swap radio..for one, waiting for LEDs again?!?! and secondly imma get aftermarket radio..

AVIC-Z120BT
    or
    AVIC-Z130BT

19. Jul 17, 2011 at 10:20 PM
    Jerez

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    Estock
    oh alright...i got my leds 2 days after purchase with normal shipping :D

20. Jul 17, 2011 at 10:21 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    well thats kuz you didnt ordering red... -_-

darn you.. you should do my R1 lights too *hint hint*, *nudge nudge*:p

To Top