1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FX-R Retro progress...

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by AsianAnts, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Jul 17, 2011 at 10:24 PM
    Jerez

Jerez SoCal LED Dash Swap

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 2wd converted to 4wd
    Estock
    hmmm...i want a bike :( screw u buddy lol

2. Jul 17, 2011 at 10:26 PM
    08PRELB

08PRELB Don't Tread On Me

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner LB
    Toy Tech Ultimate Lift kit,Buildt Right UCA's 285/70/17 BFG AT, Camburg Spindles, BHLM, K&N, Flow Master 50, Spider Trax, URD MAF CAL, Satoshi Grill, any time fog mod, 20% tint, Katzkins Leather Interior, FX-R Projector Retro
    Im not sure what you mean by fused together. You should see the step from each projector directly infront of it on the wall at 25' and they should be vertically levle with each other

3. Jul 17, 2011 at 10:26 PM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts [OP] just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Southern California (San Diego County)
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner TRD Sport L/B Grey Metallic
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    actually, i need to take the headlight apart again on this one and clean up the lens.. when i did my R8 style LEDs and my angel eyes, i didnt add any extra butyl....soo theres slight fog... =\..

4. Jul 17, 2011 at 10:29 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    what i meant by fused together is should there only be 1 step (both headlights aimed to the mid?) vice 2 separate ones... but your second sentence just answered my question! :p ty

5. Jul 18, 2011 at 2:47 AM
    XPOTRON

XPOTRON Is LIVE on the GRID.

Member:
    First Name:
    Stefen
    Chandler, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    IG: @ST3F3NS
    DUROBUMPS Use TRON10 for 10% Off & Free Shipping
    Nice job on the lights!! Seems like I got quite a bit of work ahead of me, but doesnt look too bad and it totally looks like its worth it! I would have started today but i forgot that damn torx screw so later this morning, the retro will begin :cool:

6. Jul 18, 2011 at 6:20 AM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    thanks man.. take your time!! :) i took forever

7. Jul 18, 2011 at 5:07 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    i wonder has any one tried using LS430 projectors???????

8. Jul 18, 2011 at 5:39 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    ^^nice...hmmm... i like how wide it is!!!! freakin like the widest ever.. LOL...

thanks brock :)

9. Jul 19, 2011 at 9:20 AM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    :D thank you sir !

10. Jul 23, 2011 at 3:27 PM
    XPOTRON

Member:
    First Name:
    Stefen
    Chandler, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    [​IMG]

Morimoto Stage II HID Kit: D2S

• Ballasts: 50w: Morimoto 5Five (Standard)
    • Bulbs: 50w: Morimoto 5Five 4300K D2S
    • Wire Harness: Relay: H4/9003

Hey guys! I need some quick help before i order these!! I want the nice bright white look so does this package seem right with the wire harness if i want hi and low beams?

11. Jul 23, 2011 at 10:16 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    ^^^

the products you provided are capable of hi and low beams...like what Brock said, what projectors are you goin for?

12. Jul 24, 2011 at 12:03 AM
    XPOTRON

Member:
    First Name:
    Stefen
    Chandler, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Ah my bad, I got the FX-R projectors. I think I got it figured out with the help of 08PRELB. I ended up goin with everything listed in that pic except i switched to a 5000K bulb to get the pure white color.

13. Jul 24, 2011 at 12:48 AM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    yup ! you got it!

14. Jul 25, 2011 at 1:25 PM
    Yota Toy

Yota Toy Taco Sauce

Member:
    FX retros, Blazer fog-light retro, JVC KW-NT30HD head unit, Pioneer 6X9's in front doors, Pioneer 6.5's in rear doors, two Pioneer 12" subs in sealed boxes, Sony X-Plod amp, Hidden Hitch trailer hitch, EGR window visors, two PIAA low-tone horns, Westin light bar with two 100-watt KC low profile driving lights.
    Can you post a picture of the back of the headlight with the rubber boot installed? I noticed that you really put the projector deep into the reflector, how far out the back does it stick out once completely assembled, and did the rubber boot fit okay?

I am inspired, I am going to tackle this project fairly soon...

15. Jul 25, 2011 at 1:30 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    ^ ill look for a pic or take a pic of it when i get off work...

16. Jul 25, 2011 at 5:38 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    here are a few shots of the rubber boot..hope it helps!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2011-07-25 17.04.40.jpg
    2011-07-25 17.04.58.jpg
    2011-07-25 17.05.18.jpg

17. Jul 26, 2011 at 6:02 AM
    Yota Toy

Yota Toy Taco Sauce

Member:
    FX retros, Blazer fog-light retro, JVC KW-NT30HD head unit, Pioneer 6X9's in front doors, Pioneer 6.5's in rear doors, two Pioneer 12" subs in sealed boxes, Sony X-Plod amp, Hidden Hitch trailer hitch, EGR window visors, two PIAA low-tone horns, Westin light bar with two 100-watt KC low profile driving lights.

Yes, that does help, thanks for posting those. Is the connector plugged in completely in those pics? Does the rubber boot extend over the D2S connector to make a water-tight seal? I think I might not set my FX's that deep into the reflector.
    One more question: Do you notice any "bounce" from the lights when you hit a bump etc? I want to know if the reflector is stiff enough to support the weight of the projector assembly without flexing.

18. Jul 26, 2011 at 6:21 AM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    in the last pic, i missed the groove, but the spacing and all is exactly how you see it.. the rubber boot does not cover the connector... i dont think you can water-tight seal it because you have to trim the rubber boot in order to fit the D2S connector.

i dont notice any bounce from the lights when i hit bumps and what not.. its pretty solid stiff

19. Jul 31, 2011 at 5:28 PM
    XPOTRON

Member:
    First Name:
    Stefen
    Chandler, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Didnt realize how clueless and overwhelmed I would feel when i opened the box from the retrofit source with all the ballasts, harnesses and bulbs in it....theres no real deatailed insrtuctions for this part of the retrofit and where stuff should be connected...i guess ill start with trying to connect the ballasts to the back of the headlight assembly

20. Jul 31, 2011 at 7:41 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    its like a puzzle!!! but ask away if you arent sure :)

To Top