1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Gas FYI

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by avatacoma, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 27, 2010 at 4:58 AM
    avatacoma

avatacoma [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jim
    south west pa
    Vehicle:
    4X4 Long bed SR5
    Extang Cover,Bug shild
    WHERE TO BUYAMERICANGASOLINE. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW. READ ON.Gas rationing in the 70's worked even though we grumbled about it. It might even have been good for us!Are you aware that the Saudis are boycotting American products? In addition, they are gouging us on oil prices. Shouldn't we return the favor?
    Can't we take control of our own destiny and let these giant oil importers know who REALLY generates their profits, their livings? How about leaving American Dollars in America and reduce the import/export deficit?
    An appealing remedy might be to boycott their GAS. Every time you fill up your car you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia. Just purchase gas from companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis.
    Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill up my tank, I'm sending my money to people who I get the impression want me, my family and my friends dead. The following gas companies import Middle Eastern oil:
    Shell..................................... 205,742,000 barrelsChevron/Texaco................... 144,332,000 barrelsExxon /Mobil....................... 130,082,000 barrelsMarathon/Speedway.......... 117,740,000 barrelsAmoco................................. 62,231,000 barrels
    And CITGO oil is imported from Venezuela who’s Dictator Hugo Chavez hates America and openly avows our economic destruction! (We pay Chavez's regime nearly $10 Billion per year in oil revenues!)The U.S. Currently imports 5,517,000 barrels of crude oil per day from OPEC. If you do the math at $100 per barrel, that's over $550 million PER DAY ($200 BILLION per year!) handed over to OPEC, many of whose members are our confirmed enemies!!!!! It won't stop here - oil prices could go to $200 a barrel or higher if we keep buying their product.Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:Sunoco.........................0 barrels
    Conoco.........................0 barrels
    Sinclair.........................0 barrels
    BP/Phillips...................0 barrels
    Hess.............................0 barrels
    ARC0............................0 barrels
    Maverick......................0 barrels
    Flying J.........................0 barrelsValero..........................0 barrels
    Murphy Oil USA *.........0 barrels
    *Sold at Wal-Mart , gas is from South Arkansas and fully USA owned and produced.
    *Not only that but they give scholarships to all children in their town who finish high school and are legal US citizens.

All of this information is available from the U.S. Department of Energy and each company is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing.

2. Dec 27, 2010 at 5:05 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
  3. Dec 27, 2010 at 5:12 AM
    Chris(NJ)

Chris(NJ) Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Usually in Central Jersey
    Vehicle:
    08 Indigo 4x4 DC OR
    Mods are currently being changed .....
  4. Dec 27, 2010 at 5:12 AM
    jimmyzshack

jimmyzshack Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houma, LA
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner
    leveled
    you will never be able to just buy oil produce in the US. the US produces 5-6 million barrels a day we use around 16-19 million barrels a day. The most oil the US ever produced was in 1970 around 10 million barrels a day and has dropped ever sense.

http://www.eia.doe.gov/aer/txt/ptb1105.html

5. Dec 27, 2010 at 5:16 AM
    AvsFanTRD

AvsFanTRD Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Off Road Black
    rear suspension TSB, sockmonkey bed decals, weathertech floor liners, TRD seat covers, tailgate pop n lock, rear diff breather relocation, center console lock, Viper Alarm, extra D-rings in bed, 5100's on all 4 corners
    because you made that so horrible to read I am to seek out gas made by anyone else

6. Dec 27, 2010 at 5:16 AM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    /snoped propaganda rant

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top