1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Gas grills on sale at Lowes

Discussion in 'Food Talk' started by concrete jedi, Aug 31, 2008.

1. concrete jedi

concrete jedi [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    Looking to get a new grill, going with gas, does anyone have any helpful hints, I.E. brands, size, BTU's, etc ?

2. JJ Customs

JJ Customs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    2011 TX TRD 4x4 DC
    Not enough to mention on this one. Give me time!
    I bought one from Costco last summer. The brand is Tuscany and I love it. It cost $399.00 but it cooks nice and even. Make sure whatever you have you get the infa red burner, kinda works like charcoal to sear the outside of meat. Anyway, I think either Sams Club or Costco have the best prices and quality.

3. concrete jedi

concrete jedi [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    Thanks for the info on the infered burner, I am not much of an outdoor grill cook, but am trying to change that. I cooked steaks last night and the wife said I did a nice job.

4. Lane Cypert

Lane Cypert Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lewisville, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2008 silver prerunner double cab TRD
    Sears also has a great selection to choose from as well!

5. coppert

coppert Mall Krawler

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
  6. Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2007 4.0L 4x4 TRD Sport Access Cab A
    Advantage Torza top (tri-fold), Husky floor mats, RuffTuff seat covers, C2C hood struts, Homelink mirror, USA Spec PA15-Toy (120gig Classic & 8gig nano), Garmin Nuvi 660, Protecta Bed mat, Pop-n-lock, TSB Springs, Scangauge II, Heated drivers seat, Fumoto drain valve, Aries pushbar, PIAA 540 fog lights, Hood scoop grahics, Flowmaster 50 series dual catback exhaust, RainX Latitude windshield wipers, Husky rear floor liner (ontop of folded down seats). Console Vault.
    X2 We have a Weber Silver series. It's a small one (only the hubby & I).

I don't even know how long I've had this one - perhaps 5 years now. I did replace the 'flavorizer' bars this springs. They got rusty. Everything else is top knotch and I've been keeping this thing sprayed out and cleaned every year. The good thing about Webers is you can get 'weber' replacement parts, which are good quality stuff. The cooking rack on the webers are nice thick & heavy - you know they ain't gonna rust.

I've had cheapo discount store stuff before and they did a good job for a long time. I got tired of replacing the racks, heater unit, and the ignitors never last very long. The replacement parts you get are even cheaper in qaulity than the original stuff and sometimes *hoaky* to put together.

We bought our Weber at Lowes.

7. chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 Rubicon Unlimited,
    4.10 gears, sliders, lots of buttons, and yellow flashing lights on the dash.
    Although its charcoal, I love my Webber "Homer Simpson" grill! :D
    [​IMG]

8. Brunes

Brunes abides. Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Big Easy, USA
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit Upcoming: ATO Gas Tank Skid and Sliders w/ kickout. ATO Shackle Flip Kit. Down the line: Front/Rear ARB Lockers w/ OBA. 4.56 Gears
    I love charcoal- I've been lookin for a lighting chimney insted of using fluid. I've got a lil camp propane that I use if I'm in a rush.

9. joedirt

joedirt Revived and BACK baby!

Member:
    Northern VA
    Vehicle:
    05 Off-Road 4x
    SockMonkey Originals
    I bought a Charmglow from the Depot last year. We've used the snot out of it this year. It seems to do an excellent job on everything we've cooked. It's completely stainless steel, which is what I wanted, and cost us about 125.00, retailed for 499.00. We bought it in January.

To Top