1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Gas on Carpet

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bishtacova, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Nov 19, 2009 at 5:34 AM
    bishtacova

bishtacova [OP] Don't buy a Ford

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC PreRunner V6
    4 leaf TSB, reflash ECM, Eurostyle antenna, thule roof rack, bed extender
    Dudes -- My wife topped off the gas in her SUV yesterday and for whatever reason, the gas did not stop coming out. She stopped the nozzle, got gas all over her shoes and then got the gas on the floor mat and onto the carpet. The car stinks and as you all know, once water gets to gas it makes it much worse. There's no stain only smell. Threads have mentioned Folex, hydrogen peroxide, carpet cleaner, replace carpet. What would you recommend to get rid of the smell? Thanks!:confused:

2. Nov 19, 2009 at 5:58 AM
    WNYTACOMA

WNYTACOMA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Clarence, New York
    Vehicle:
    09 Metalic Grey TRD OFF ROAD
    Toyota Nerf steps Bugflector 2 Tool box Weathertech floor liners Wet Okole F/R - Bk/Char
    I see ads from local carwashes, dealers sometimes where they run deals on inside, outside or both details where the price has been surprisingly reasonable. The inside details include 'steam cleaning' the interior.

I can't imagine the inside would be more than $100.00. Might be worth a shot?

Either way, i think i would throw some cash at someone who does it for a living on that one. I wouldn't want to create another problem while trying to deal with the original. When inquiring, tell them what you are trying to address and see what they say to gauge whether they are the right one for the job.

3. Nov 19, 2009 at 6:05 AM
    SportyTuRD

SportyTuRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    burn it off??

4. Nov 19, 2009 at 8:01 AM
    pataco

pataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Down by the lake
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 trd dc white
    FOX 2.0 RESIS,LRUCAS,BILLY 5100S ON THE REAR.MAGNAFLOW 11264,COLOR MATCHED GRILL,YELLOW FOG MOD.OVER HEAD DVD,FEDERAL COURAGIA M/T
    ive heard some detail shops have this machine that u put in the car,shut the thing up tight and turn it on.its supposed to suck odors out from deep within the seats and carpet.let it in over night and all done.i no it works for cig. smoke.maybe something to look into.

5. Nov 19, 2009 at 8:11 AM
    SportyTuRD

Member:
    Our recon shop has one...It is an Air Ionizer...You spray everythign down with some liquid and you run it over night...It Neutralizes the air...But if you can't remove the root of the problem it wont do any really good...Works really good after you wash an interior to get out a wet dog smell...works semi "ok" on cig smoke...but you really need to clean everything first ...You are left with a weird "neutral" smell...almost like opening a new "electronics box" dvd player or something...If you pulled out teh floor mat and shampooed teh carpet and used one...it would get teh gas smell out...until you put teh floor mat back in.

6. Nov 19, 2009 at 8:14 AM
    z33tec

z33tec Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 Access Cab 4cyl
    I would personally try the carpet cleaner stuff they sell at auto parts stores with the little scrubber at the top of the can. Runs maybe about $6 or so? Not very much. I wouldn't see why that shouldn't do the trick. After you clean it with that you could always spray some Febreeze or the car air freshener stuff around the area and you should be good to go.

7. Nov 19, 2009 at 10:01 AM
    SportyTuRD

Member:
    I slopped some gas in the back of my moms explorer in Highschool...I can tell you what... gas and frebreeze make the worst combination of a smell ever!! lol

8. Nov 19, 2009 at 10:03 AM
    SC4333

SC4333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    FL
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 2016 TRD Off-Road 4x4 DCSB
    Be careful as to what chemicals you mix with gasoline. There are certain chemicals that are volatile when mixed with gasoline.

Products Discussed in

To Top